I will just leave this here

I have seen a very similar stationary grill in my area before. Just with a red lid. It was posted for weeks and then the post disappeared.

Yah, I think they were Weber Dinosaurs. The only difference is that they only lasted a couple years instead of a couple million.

I beleive that is still Gen 2 and has the problem with the front of the cook box. But, if not, that would be a great grill. I would check the inside of the cabinet though. I think even though it is a SS frame, the cabinet was plain mild steel and likely will have significant rust.

Bummer, I thought that Summit was the "pinnacle" when they hit on the combo of old school vs. new school!
I thought this one was cast box, stainless hood & frame, 6 burner and reasonable cost to repair/replace parts.

No cast aluminum fire box. And parts are anything but reasonable. A set of flavorizer bars costs about $250. If the interior is in great shape it may be worth it. If not you need to have deep pockets.

Bsteele: I have one of those that will be getting rehabbed this summer. I already have all the internals (except for oringinal CI grates) new. I just need to get to cleaning it up and repainting it. I also have the original Redwood shelves for it in good shape. Aside from the 90 mile drive, it was free.

20190929 BroilMaster- Before (28).JPG

That one looks similar to what I missed.
It had the original front shelf and temp control on the pedestal as well. Probably should have made the time to go get it. It looked very clean

Bummer, I thought that Summit was the "pinnacle" when they hit on the combo of old school vs. new school!
I thought this one was cast box, stainless hood & frame, 6 burner and reasonable cost to repair/replace parts.

It is already gone, so I didn't see the pictures. If it was a Platinum Summit (Gen. 2) with the stainless frame, then yes, it does have a number of good features. The stainless frame and cabinetry definitely a big plus. I think when working this is a very fine - and large - cooker. But, "reasonable cost to repair/replace parts" - forget about that. And that firebox should have been all aluminum but isn't. So, like all Summits (Gen 1,2 or 3) you have a constant worry about the front rusting and burning through. I still personally like these, but as was said already, you better be prepared to spend a lot to make it fully functional. At least you won't have a rusty frame or rusted out bottom like the current version is so good at doing!

Jon, it was indeed a SS Frame Platinum Gen 2.
So, the cabinet was all Stainless as well? The photos didn't show the inside of the cabinet. I figured like most older cabinet grills, they were trying to hide the carnage.

Here is another behemoth. Current Summit for $250.

I hate those grills, but that one at least looked pretty nice. Someone else must have, also, since it is already gone. No pictures of the inside cabinet, though.

Firemagic never seen one for sale yet, i have seen one or two Lynx
Interesting is that the guy says he is using a Weber. One thing i learned controlling fire just needs to be efficient, what i mean whatever device is used range, oven, grill etc as long as controlling it is possible and allows to heat up to the needed temp and holds it, does not matter if is $300 or $3500.

Last edited:
Firemagic never seen one for sale yet, i have seen one or two Lynx
Interesting is that the guy says he is using a Weber. One thing i learned controlling fire just needs to be efficient, what i mean whatever device is used range, oven, grill etc as long as controlling it is possible and allows to heat up to the needed temp and holds it, does not matter if is $300 or $3500.

Hey Chris,
Fire magic makes a great high end grill from what I can see. That one is a “golden oldie,” but solidly built. You can spend a lot, though, trying to get everything up to really good working condition. I do not doubt that it would clean up well, including those heavy stainless grates. It is in a different league than our bread and butter Weber grills. Like an expensive car, it costs more to keep it Running well.

These are the most interesting grill grates I have seen so far. Not sure what the are.

Attachments

• E49E2F85-29A5-4F8C-9250-FA22E9D590A8.jpeg
    E49E2F85-29A5-4F8C-9250-FA22E9D590A8.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 24
That is some dip stick that put the wire rack that belongs on the base of the grill frame inside the cabinet. It is upside down too. I picked up a silver B once where the PO converted the grill to charcoal and put the wire rack in side as the charcoal rack.

Back