I will just leave this here

https://offerup.com/item/detail/876931153/

bdd1689cf3c44151af4ff615cfbb3cf1.jpg

I've been looking for a Platinum for a while and this one shows up not far from me. But if I bought it and restored it, I would want to keep it. And I can't keep it because I could not part with my recently restored Genesis 1000. So I hope this finds a good home. God, I love that grill. I just keep telling myself it won't cook any better than my 1000.

I have the same situation. I have a restored Genesis 1000, but I have a SS Platinum C waiting for me to get after it as well. I think I am going to make the switch, but I am determined to convert it to a Genesis 1000 cook box.

Did you notice the guy that posted that grill didn't show the inside of the cabinet.....Why? because it is missing, as in most likely rusted away.

No, it won't cook any better. Actually maybe not quite as good since it has the shallower 5 flavorizer bar box. But, it is a really nice example. Based on the inside of the hood not used heavily. Of course, the seller strategically omits pictures of the inside of the cabinetry.

I really like these grills a lot and use one as my daily driver. If Weber had only splurged a little more and made the cabinetry/bottom stainless like the frame it would be have been the almost perfect grill.

Right on Jon. Also notice that it has the "Dropsies" on the side shelf extensions from commonly broken welds on the brackets.

Did you notice the guy that posted that grill didn't show the inside of the cabinet.....Why? because it is missing, as in most likely rusted away.

It's SoCal. Seller is in Long Beach, but unless they live right at the beach, this climate is very friendly and forgiving to ferrous metals.

What should I offer if I change my mind?

Depends totally on what's inside the cabinet. If it is decent - and you want it for yourself - then personally it would be worth $150 to $175. If you want it just to flip, then it is probably not the best candidate.

I would have to see the cabinet. But personally, I would not pay more than $100, but that is me. I have never paid more than about $75 for a grill....maybe even $50 is the highest. I have bought two SS PLatinums so far, both $50 or less.
But, up here, this is what you get from a Stainless Steel Platinum:

20190901_092435.jpg

I just contacted the seller with a question about rust inside the cabinet. :sick:

Hopefully, it is already sold. I was about to buy a new crimson performer this weekend.

Bruce is totally right from a buy and resell point of view. These are kind of special grills, though, and if it really has very little rust, it’s worth more than average. My point of view was thinking of buying a keeper. It is a lot nicer than the one I gave $100 for.

I also have two Platinum frames. One as a grill and the other converted into a prep table. I also just restored a 2000 Skyline with nice wood tables . But I decided to sell the Skyline and keep the Platinum. The main reason for me is working height. I am 6’4” with back problems and the older style open cart Genesis are just way too low for me. The later closed cabinets Genesis Silver, Gold ans Platinum are much better. There is about 2.5” height difference. In addition prefer the lower maintenance. No rust to be cared about. No wood that needs to be treated regularly. Yes I really prefer the older design of the x000 but not the practicality. I was happy to work on it and to admire it as long as I had it but i am also happy that it found a good home.

I'd say go for it but not at $200...maybe $150 at the most (if you really want it). I have both an 05 Platinum C and a 00 Platinum C (13 bar) and they both cook the same (to me anyways). The 05 does heat up a little faster but not that much difference and you won't have to worry about rust on the frame (I converted mines to an open cart). And of course the 13 bar is preferred for spinning meat so why not have both grills to have the best of both worlds?

Back