I will just leave this here

One thing Bruce some of those areas showing in MPLS are definitely "high roller" areas. So maybe people there think they can fetch more for less

Yah, been seeing a lot of that in Madison as well though. Certainly seems a lot more prevalent than past years. I should probably monitor them a bit closer and see if they are actually selling or not.

This grill looks like it copied the early Broilmaster grills. Has anyone heard of Arklamatic grill before?

Arklamtic.jpg

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh, another rabbit warren to investigate! Auto fill wanted to use inebriate so, maybe we all need to have a cocktail and figure that one out? Bruce, sometimes I think you have too much time on your hands!
Be safe pal!

Yah, I don't even know why I am checking the grill listings. With all the grills I am picking up from that guy in Madison. I will have enough grills for rehabbing for at least two years.

I wonder if there is any chance we could get grill parts added to the list of "Essential Items". I hate waiting for over a week for my parts to come from Amazon.

I wonder if there is any chance we could get grill parts added to the list of "Essential Items". I hate waiting for over a week for my parts to come from Amazon.
Spoken like one seriously stricken with “Weberitis”!
Time for a “Handsome Johnny” cocktail, vodka and (diet) ginger ale with a lemon or lime slice dropped from 6” above.
You use diet because “you don’t want to get diabetes from drinking!” I really miss John Prine!

I prefer Beer. I am a simple guy. Is two day shipping too much to ask? The heck with Covid. I never met the guy, but all I do know is that he is pissing me off and making my life inconvenient.
I should just go to bed now. Good nite.

:LOL:

That Arklamatic looks to be another piece of gas grill history that belongs in my museum:giggle:. Look at chapter 2 that mentions the birth of Weber and Arklamatic:

What type of Platinum models do exist? This one just showed up in my neighborhood. I am getting confused with all the models called platinum.

That Arklamatic looks to be another piece of gas grill history that belongs in my museum:giggle:. Look at chapter 2 that mentions the birth of Weber and Arklamatic:

Jon,

Here's one you pick up on your way to your new place.Screenshot_20200422-232500_Facebook.jpg

Very cool old grill. I wish there was a market for the neat old ones like that.
I would enjoy restoring a reselling some history like that.
Jon, thanks for the link to the book. I am going to read that front to back.

What type of Platinum models do exist? This one just showed up in my neighborhood. I am getting confused with all the models called platinum.

Beats me! I know there were at least three or four versions. The one there is probably the first. Basically a fancy hood and probably upgrades on the tables and maybe flavorizer bars. At least some Platinums had their orifices opened slightly or in some way put out a notch more btu's than the standard Genesis.

The grates were the u shaped porcelain ones but the flavor bars were SS (don't see porcelain on the inside). I just thought they may have changed them out.

I just picked up a gen 3000 with a green hood that said platinum. Couldn't figure out what made it special besides the word platinum

View attachment 3523
Hi John, If you can get the serial number try to register it with Weber.com. If you can register it you can get the full description and documentation which is helpful. It looks like a nice grill.

Yah, I am with Dave and Jon regarding the older platinum. Likely, besides the hood, it was just a higher quality set of flavorizer bars and cooking grates. On grills that old, you likely don't have the original grates and bars in them any longer, whatever they were. If you look at the data sticker on the grills, it will tell you how many BTU's the grills put out. That might confirm what Jon said about them being turbo charged or not.

Later on in the Silver/Gold era, you had definite differences in the frame...the most significant being the stainless steel frames off the latest versions. They also had other significant exterior differences such as SS inlaid tables, and others. Even the non-SS frame Platinums of that era had larger frame braces. I believe they all had the SS lid as well.

Just ran the serial number. The Data sticker was blank but had a sticker on the right side of the panel which still showed the serial number. It's a Plat I 3200 NG. Steel grates and SS flavors per the schematic. The manifold seems to be standard across the line.

Back