I will just leave this here

That's impressive. I'm surprised you don't have a contact for bulk sandblasting on your parts. With your volume, I would think the time savings would be worthwhile.

Gerry
I only had three sand blasted so far. Not sure if the guy is still going to do them for me at that rate. The first three were a trial run. I told him at the time I would probably have a few more in May.....at this rate, the guy may have to hire help.

You don't need a manifold. I believe I have a few extra propane valves and maybe some orifices. Maybe we can arrange a trade?
Bruce I actually only need the orifices. The manifold I have is an original propane manifold where the previous owner swapped the orifices to NG and did not keep the LP orifices. I need the larger ones which have the hex diameter of 3/8. Open for trades if I can offer stuff you need.

Wow!! Awesome job. I did rent a uhaul trails last year for 4 grills. But never that many. I have been looking for a Genesis x000 in my area for weeks because I need a propane manifold but nothing. Nada. My market is dried up. Have fun with these.
I am sure I have a manifold or five in that haul. If you want, we could work out a deal on one. PM me if interested.
Bruce, anything exotic in the haul? Rare models, lids or other hardware?
I got a Gen one Summit, Two more coming in the next load....maybe three???? Anyway, I think maybe the most significant is this lid. It is the first Mauve one I have had. I was promised a nice Genesis Jr in the next haul.

20200418 Mauve Lid.jpg

Nice lid. Never seen one in person either. Looks like you have your next months planned out.
Stefan check your messages.

Yah, I see very few for sale around me, and I can only remember them being on Genesis 5000's but I could be (probably am) mistaken on that. I like the fact they have cool RED stripes on them.

Bruce I actually only need the orifices. The manifold I have is an original propane manifold where the previous owner swapped the orifices to NG and did not keep the LP orifices. I need the larger ones which have the hex diameter of 3/8. Open for trades if I can offer stuff you need.
You are replying to me, but talking to Bruce.
You know, you could seal up the orifices you have with epoxy, jb weld or solder and redrill them with the smaller LP hole. Easy peasy.

Gerry

This is one day's haul on rehab grills.

OK, Bruce. If you are going to drop a pic like this, at least give some kind
of back story. How the hell do you bring home 9. and still have more to
go on another haul? And they are all old. Looks like you stole my "one of
these days" stash from my sons basement. :D

There is a guy about 60 miles from me that evidently has been doing basically the same thing as me. Just webers and likes the 13 bar ones. But, I think what happened is he did more collecting than rehabbing and got to the point in life where he realized it just wasn't going to happen. He is very knowledgeable on Webers, and I think he has been playing with them for quite a few years.
But, anyway, here is the FB Message I got from him a few days ago:

Hello Bruce I have been admiring your refurbished grill for many years as I do something similar for family and friends. I have always marveled how you were able to refurbish the inside of the lower burner box. I am downsizing my hobby and have many grills you can have. There are about 10 first generation Genesis 1000 grills with two levels of flavorizer bars. I also have 4 4-burner Summits, rare Weber Junior and a Q300. I also have some new genuine Weber flavorizer bars and burner tubes for these grills that we could talk about. I am located in southwest Madison near Verona and a few grills are in a barn in Oregon. Please phone me at 608-279-XXXX if you are interested. Thank you, Al

I knew there had to be a good story to go with this.
Looking forward to seeing what you bring home next.
You wont have to chase after many the rest of the year now.

Dave: I will have more grills than I can do in a year. However, these are not all pristine grills. They pretty much run the gammut of what you expect to find on 15-25 year old Webers. I will still be keeping my eyes open for a unicorn grill or two along the way though. But, my days of begging for curb alert or $25 grills are over for a while.

Larry: It is literally becoming a mountain. I have lids and cook boxes stacking up behind the shed and the grills themselves are two deep in rows now. I am just hoping for some more unique stuff in the next batch or two. I got a green, brown, maroon and the Mauve one in this batch. Funny no redheads, but I already have one or two of those. I know he has a nice Blue head in his shed and I it wasn't on a grill, so I am not sure if he is going to give that one up or not. I would love to see one with a logo like "SNAP ON" or something like that.

Kyle, the Snap On and other logo grills pop up from time to time. They are pretty rare though. I think I have seen one advertised near me but it was priced outside my rehab grill budget. But, I have seen a few of them posted up on this forum from time to tome. There have been several other logo grills as well.

It is easy enough not to fall victim to the Weber Drug, but when some one shoves a two year's supply in your face for free, it is like "screw it, I'm in".
Even I would start restoring again. Or part them out and sell some rare pieces online. Sometimes you can make more money this way.

Dave: I will have more grills than I can do in a year. However, these are not all pristine grills. They pretty much run the gammut of what you expect to find on 15-25 year old Webers. I will still be keeping my eyes open for a unicorn grill or two along the way though. But, my days of begging for curb alert or $25 grills are over for a while.

Larry: It is literally becoming a mountain. I have lids and cook boxes stacking up behind the shed and the grills themselves are two deep in rows now. I am just hoping for some more unique stuff in the next batch or two. I got a green, brown, maroon and the Mauve one in this batch. Funny no redheads, but I already have one or two of those. I know he has a nice Blue head in his shed and I it wasn't on a grill, so I am not sure if he is going to give that one up or not. I would love to see one with a logo like "SNAP ON" or something like that.

Bruce, I think your backyard is actually going to look worse than mine did before my organization loaned me the unlivable house to use as a “shop!”

all 3.jpg

My wife had actually kind of forgotten about that mess. You should have seen her reaction when we did a “video tour” with a moving company and opened the door to the second “storage” area of that house. She occasionally visits my shop area but didn’t know about the other side of the house😳. She just looked in disbelief and said “I haven’t seen THIS before!” The moving guy tried to comprehend my grill addiction and had his adding machine going full speed ahead😲!

Last edited:

Back