I will just leave this here

That's a lot like the one I got and never get to finishing :rolleyes: .

It looks to have a lot more of the parts internally than mine did. These are superior grills up there with Wolf and FireMagic, all 304 stainless and heavy as battleships. You can spend A LOT on parts, but you will have an awesome machine. For flipping you just have to expect to spend a long time selling. The market is small for $1,000+ used grills.

The burners are cast bronze so they can be wire brushed and cleaned out back to almost new. There are thin metal pieces that go over the burners. You can see them holding the ceramic pyramids. If those are shot, that alone will set you back quite a bit. The good news is those monster stainless rod grates should clean up very well.

Stainless Steel Showdown Grates2_Page_11.jpg
I bought a bunch of parts for my Lynx, and at this point if I can't get it finished in time to sell here in Florida I may do as Larry suggested a year ago and just keep it. I don't think there will be much demand for it in rural Indiana. On the other hand it will be one monstrosity to move that faro_O...

Lynx Grill 1.jpg
Lynx Grill 2.jpg

I would not buy that to flip. I would buy it if you want a truly high end grill in all high quality stainless. If it's all there and only needs a few minor things it would be a very nice keeper. Looks like it even has the rotisserie burner. Even if you never spin anything on it that burner will help you have a pizze cooker like no other

I was doing some checking for a guy and noticed that the prices on some of the SS solid rod grates are going up in price. I am glad I bough 4 sets last fall of the Honsgo at a little over $40. They are $60 now. The Quilimetal are $60 as well. I haven't looked at Flavorizer bars yet.

LOL, larry, I got those grates in December. They did not rise really up to the last time I checked a month or so ago when someone warned that the trade wars would make them go way up. I think this is more of a COVID thing.

And another Platinum about 1hr from me. Only $100. Looks like one owner. But I really don’t need a 3rd one. Lol
I could tell the owner that he or she is actually eligible for a new lid from Weber.
I just can't get excited about those stainless Webers. I think they all look alike and don't do a better job than the original Genesis grills. But then, I have no experience with the new ones because i grew up with the original Genesis grills.

Uh oh, I must be getting old. I like the style of old cars too.

Gerry

That grill really isn't new. It is about 15 years old. I redid one last year and put a red head on it. You certainly don't need to stick with the stainless hood. But that Stainless frame is golden.

20190731 Stainless Steel Platinum (1).jpg

I just can't get excited about those stainless Webers. I think they all look alike and don't do a better job than the original Genesis grills. But then, I have no experience with the new ones because i grew up with the original Genesis grills.

Uh oh, I must be getting old. I like the style of old cars too.

Gerry
I just like them because of the all SS frame. The frames will never rust. The black powder coated frames will. I had a few frames which were beyond repair.

Wow!! Awesome job. I did rent a uhaul trails last year for 4 grills. But never that many. I have been looking for a Genesis x000 in my area for weeks because I need a propane manifold but nothing. Nada. My market is dried up. Have fun with these.
You don't need a manifold. I believe I have a few extra propane valves and maybe some orifices. Maybe we can arrange a trade?

I just like them because of the all SS frame. The frames will never rust. The black powder coated frames will. I had a few frames which were beyond repair.
Agreed. That's why I rebuilt mine with stainless frames. But aren't the closed in cabinets rust buckets?

Gerry

Back