I will just leave this here

All I can do is laugh. I have nothing to say.

t0sG1c6.jpg

I believe Jon may like this one that I just posted .... I think he liked
the sidewinder that I had a few months back in the same color ...

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/d/excelsior-springs-weber-genesis-special/7111395765.html

I don't think it is quite as sharp as the original bright red,
but it still looks pretty good.

That's a winner, too, Dave! I have to admit, though, that I liked the sidewinder better just because of sentimentality and the E-W design. If you had been anywhere near me I would have come and gotten that one somehow. I am sure, though, that this new beauty won't be on your shelf for long(y)!

This is a crazy market this year. I wish I could pump out grills as fast as Dave in KC. I keep seeing a lot of adds like this. Certainly more than ever before.
Even if he does have $200 worth of new SS parts inside, he is either stupid or they are Dave Sanata grates and flavorizer bars. Even if they are, it still isn't worth nearly what he is asking. I am sure there is a reason he doesn't show a picture of those $200 grates and flavorizer bars and there is also a reason he doesn't show a picture of the inside of the cabinet.

grill.jpg

Another one.

and another one:

Those are the first three grills that pop up in Minneapolis on CL. And a 4th one, certainly not a Rehabbed grill but at least closer to being realistically priced.

I keep seeing add after add like this and it makes me feel like I need to boost my prices up over the $300 for a Silver B rehab.

I wish it was closer. I could use the control panel.

Gerry

I am glad it is NOT closer to me. All I need is another old project! Looks like it could still be a beauty for the right person who appreciates it historical significance and simple charm.

Not sure what I think about that one...Some would go for the mostly stainless look, so if everything was really clean and good I think it could fetch more than $150 here in South Florida. But, I think Bruce is right and that underneath the new (and probably overpaid for) parts are still plenty of problems.:unsure:

Don’t feel bad, Kyle. While those have a cult following, at that price his will still be in his garage for another year!

Well, the Chinesium grills haven't been hurt by any trade wars or the COVID-19 thing either. How the heck do you make a three burner, 30,000 BTU grill for less than $100?

chinesium.jpg

A one summer wonder, for sure🤑. Unfortunately, some people definitely would see it as a smart "bargain." Those kind are not our target market.

Yep seeing more here in Kentucky. Here is one for example. Price has been reduced.

I cant touch it but maybe some one may want one bad enough? Missed out on a Genesis with Durawood for $25.00 the other day. Also seen a Silver C with the Stainless Hood today for $125.00.Screenshot_20200422-090247_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I am convinced that some people don't want anything more than a throw away grill. That is evident by some of the rehab pickups I get. I swear some of the silver B's I have picked up have literally never been had the grates and flavorizer bars removed and been scraped out. They just use them until they quit working and buy a new one. In this case, the $94 grill might be the ticket. Although, even with severe neglect, the weber would last much longer than the chinesium grills. They just buy a new grill every year, or every two years. Then they try to sell the old one on CL or FB MP for more than they paid for it new. hahaha
Those grills do come with a two year warranty by the way. Good luck with that however.

Back