I will just leave this here

That grill would probably be good for someone wanting a quality grill for a good price. But, from a rehab prospective, the price is too high. The bottom panel looks to be in good shape, but it is hard to tell.

New to the forum.
Had the idea to look for an old Weber to restore and then found this forum, had no idea there would be such a community around it!

Just picked up a 1000 red-head off CL for $50 with tank and cover. Far as I can tell judging by the overall condition it is all original with very light use, just been sitting with the cover on for who knows how long.
Not much restoring to do outside of the wood which I already just sanded and put some finish on.
Anyway, I am pretty happy so just sharing here.
View attachment 801View attachment 802
Welcome to the forum Carl that's a great deal you got on that Genesis. Just a little wood work and you will have a great lifetime grill.

Carl P,
Whew!!!!
Don't see something like that very often. With a little elbow grease it will look totally brand new. And WAY better than any imported Nexgrill, Charbroil or whatever at the big box stores. Welcome aboard! A great grill to start out with. Just beware of Weberitous! You might find yourself soon looking for another, and then...

You really want to get in that under $100. Guarantee you it will need
an igniter, and likely flavorizers.

One BIG positive is that it appears the frame and bottom/back are not rusted. Can't say for sure from the pictures, but if that is true, it puts it in a lot better position. Still, if you hope to make any money on it, with that starting price it won't be easy as Dave is already saying.

One BIG positive is that it appears the frame and bottom/back are not rusted. Can't say for sure from the pictures, but if that is true, it puts it in a lot better position. Still, if you hope to make any money on it, with that starting price it won't be easy as Dave is already saying.
I just keep noticing it because it pops up every time I search for Weber. He started at like $300 or $400 and he originally said he paid some crazy amount for the grill like $1,700. It's slowly been dropping $50 in price every week or so. I've got to sell some grills before I buy any more...the wife will start to catch on.

Funny story, we've had a Q200 for about 5 years. Some of you might remember I found great deals on 2 additional Q200s and brought those home without telling her... I have one in the garage, one on the back deck and one on the front porch. I don't think she's put it all together that I've got 3 different ones :cool:

Last edited:
Everyone needs a cool tasty beverage while they rehab or cook on their Weber gassers, right?

Weber Chill beverage cooler

87860546_10221978088270673_5530720938582081536_o.jpg

Those are kind of cool (pun intended) but from what I understand, they do not perform real well.

Those are kind of cool (pun intended) but from what I understand, they do not perform real well.

Even so, I would like to have a working one, but not for a bunch of $. I can’t see the link. How much is he asking? I don’t think I have seen one before with those “platypus” side tables.

If it's cooled like the Coleman electric cooler we have for road trips, it can do a decent job under the right circumstances. You have to run it empty for a few hours to pre-cool it, and whatever you put in it must already be cold; it doesn't have the cooling power to bring warm, room-temp items down to a cold temp.

Even so, I would like to have a working one, but not for a bunch of $. I can’t see the link. How much is he asking? I don’t think I have seen one before with those “platypus” side tables.

He's asking $100. It looks like the casters are missing or broken off.

Carl P,
Whew!!!!
Don't see something like that very often. With a little elbow grease it will look totally brand new. And WAY better than any imported Nexgrill, Charbroil or whatever at the big box stores. Welcome aboard! A great grill to start out with. Just beware of Weberitous! You might find yourself soon looking for another, and then...
It might be too late. Inherited a Q100 and wanted a stand, ended finding a Q200 with a stand that was a side of the road freebie. The wife hasn't complained too much, yet.

If it's cooled like the Coleman electric cooler we have for road trips, it can do a decent job under the right circumstances. You have to run it empty for a few hours to pre-cool it, and whatever you put in it must already be cold; it doesn't have the cooling power to bring warm, room-temp items down to a cold temp.

He's asking $100. It looks like the casters are missing or broken off.

That's kind of steep I think. I passed on one in Orlando a number of months ago for something more like $50, but it didn't have those nice side tables.

This SS Performer is still for sale.
For the price this guy is asking, he ought to put more effort into cleaning it up more. At least prep/paint the frame to get rid of the rust.

Honestly you'd be better off buying a junker SS Performer, rehabbing it and buying a new OTG in you're favorite color to drop in over buying this one.

For the price this guy is asking, he ought to put more effort into cleaning it up more. At least prep/paint the frame to get rid of the rust.

Honestly you'd be better off buying a junker SS Performer, rehabbing it and buying a new OTG in you're favorite color to drop in over buying this one.

Yeah, Kyle, that's exactly what he did. Now he is trying to cash in on it. I can't blame him except, like you said, if you want top price, presentation needs to be better. It is going to sit there. There is (maybe was by now) a beat up SSP down south of me for $35. Dark green kettle but it had definite burn-through. It would be a good frame for what you are suggesting.

I think the big problem restoring these - among several - is that the 5lb tanks are pretty scarce. Old ones are usually no longer good and new ones cost twice what a 20lb costs. I actually have an SSP frame myself (burned through blue kettle). When I finally get around to it, I think I will restore it without any gas assist. I always use my long extension blow torch to light my charcoal, so for my own use it really doesn't matter. A LOT easier to restore if you skip that, but then you ideally need a bowl with the brackets but no gas assist opening. They are out there.

What a lazy flipper. Complete half-*** job, and wants top notch $$. :cautious:(n)

Back