I will just leave this here

Oh, by looking at the ANSI date on the grill, you can be assured that it is a 1985 or later model and I would assume it is probably with in a few years of that. 1985-1988 would be a good assumption.

First time for me that I see that type of rocker switch and grease pan.

Attachments

• A78E28B9-5AB2-4BE4-965C-A046F55E51A5.jpeg
    A78E28B9-5AB2-4BE4-965C-A046F55E51A5.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 22
  • FB6AB5AD-C442-41BD-B405-A7FD44BC917E.jpeg
    FB6AB5AD-C442-41BD-B405-A7FD44BC917E.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2EA4E668-BADF-4012-B274-F6C813BC9394.jpeg
    2EA4E668-BADF-4012-B274-F6C813BC9394.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 21
Yah, I think those are both what were used on the earliest Genesis grills. I am not sure if they changed when they went to the Genesis 1000-5000 line or if they did the change part way through the Genesis 1-5 era.

Yah, I believe the slide bars for the swing shelves started with the durawood grills. The black knobs may not be original as I see the igniter button is the off white color. You certainly got some great parts there and can probably sell a couple and make all your money back

As strange as it seems, all the pictures I have seen of the very first Genesis grills show black burner knobs but an off white igniter switch like this one Stefan got. They didn’t have slides, just a rod that goes into a hole in the frame.

I think Bruce is right about it being Natural Gas. Don’t see a scale or the cool old metal tank gauge that they replaced later with just a decal on the frame leg.

Almost an orange colored lid. Could be the brown, but just a trick with light.

Almost an orange colored lid. Could be the brown, but just a trick with light.

That actually looks like it's in good condition. However the bottom frame tube looks like it somehow got bent. Otherwise it looks like it's been cared for.

Yep, I noticed the bottom frame as well. It is a good specimen for an early Genesis 3000....Or is it a 4000? It looks like it is sold already.

Genesis 3000.jpg

Yep, another gas grill victim of the move to pellet grills😢. That is a nice one. I got a brownie hood early this year, very similar but without a side burner and not in as nice shape, especially the wood. But mine was $15😎.

Looks similar to the one I have in my driveway right now. This is a 3000. The 4000 had the right side flip up table. Mine is an older Genesis 2 without the caster wheels but the same poop brown lid. Lol.
Although brown is not my favorite color I love the old colored lids on these Webers.

Looks similar to the one I have in my driveway right now. This is a 3000. The 4000 had the right side flip up table. Mine is an older Genesis 2 without the caster wheels but the same poop brown lid. Lol.
Although brown is not my favorite color I love the old colored lids on these Webers.

It is not my favorite color, either, but for recreating a classic 1980s first Genesis I think it is even better than red, although red and black were both first year colors along with this brown.

So here we go. I caved and bought it. It is in good condition but I will part it out. The lower front cross bar is rusted on the left side and the previous owner has tightened the frame with a strap. Otherwise the frame looks solid with no rust.
The z bars of the shelves are mostly ok with not much rust. The wood is mostly solid. Love the black knobs. It has some interesting features I have not seen so far. The grease pan and tray are one piece. The fold up table does not slide. But since it is easily reversible I might use this as a left hand fold up table for the Skyline. The brown color is not really my cup of tea. But maybe I could dress up my grill now depending on season. Right now I have lids in blue, red, maroon, green, black and now in brown. Lol
Since you are parting it out, I would be interested in the control panel if it's in good shape.

Gerry

New to the forum.
Had the idea to look for an old Weber to restore and then found this forum, had no idea there would be such a community around it!

Just picked up a 1000 red-head off CL for $50 with tank and cover. Far as I can tell judging by the overall condition it is all original with very light use, just been sitting with the cover on for who knows how long.
Not much restoring to do outside of the wood which I already just sanded and put some finish on.
Anyway, I am pretty happy so just sharing here.
IMG-0353.jpgIMG-0350.jpg

You won't find many early Genesis 1000's in that condition for $50. That is an awesome deal.

And welcome to the forum. You came to the right place for rehab advice.

New to the forum.
Had the idea to look for an old Weber to restore and then found this forum, had no idea there would be such a community around it!

Just picked up a 1000 red-head off CL for $50 with tank and cover. Far as I can tell judging by the overall condition it is all original with very light use, just been sitting with the cover on for who knows how long.
Not much restoring to do outside of the wood which I already just sanded and put some finish on.
Anyway, I am pretty happy so just sharing here.
View attachment 801View attachment 802

Wow, that is in almost new condition! Nice find there. Plenty of knowledge on this forum. Once those grates and flavor bars wear out you might consider upgrading to stainless steel ones that will last you near a lifetime (depending how old you are). Lots of options on eBay, Amazon, and from Weber.

Back