I will just leave this here

I guess aim high, anyway! Don't think either will sell, but the Seville is at least a fairly rare collectible. There is someone in my area trying to sell the version with the large "chariot" wheels and what looks to be a lime green kettle. He is asking over $1,000 but hasn't had any takers.

A lot of people get all excited about these old kettles, but convincing someone to actually open their checkbook for a large amount requires something very rare and unique. Most of these collectors want to make their own barn find rather than actually pay what they claim they are worth all cleaned up. I can understand that since I feel the same way about gas grills. (Although if Dave in KC was close enough I think I would find a way to pay his asking price for that gorgeous brick red sidewinder. :coolkettle: )

LOL, Jon is right. I see a lot of people saying they would "Jump on it" all the time regarding unique grills. However, I rarely see anyone admit they actually did pay a premium price for one. I think most of those people would really like to grab it, but realize that if they just wait, they will find one much cheaper.

I guess aim high, anyway! Don't think either will sell, but the Seville is at least a fairly rare collectible. There is someone in my area trying to sell the version with the large "chariot" wheels and what looks to be a lime green kettle. He is asking over $1,000 but hasn't had any takers.

Woodard still makes that cart. If I was inclined to that style, I would buy a new Woodard cart, a MasterTouch in Slate Blue, Unknown BBQ Kettle Brackets, and pay a local metal fabricator to put it all together. I bet it would be less than $1K and you would cook on it.

I agree, I think it's ugly. It's probably a generational thing. I was surprised Woodard still makes it. In terms of style, something like this is more my speed:

20160416_144551-e1466810638100.jpg

Kamado-Joe-32-x-60-SS-Black-Rt.jpg

Same here. I don't like the style either. A few months ago a rusted Woodard Weber cart was for sale i nmy area. The buyer did not list a price but was asking for offers. I guess my $50 offer did offend him... lol

I actually picked up a not all that bad Woodard cart - for the 18" kettle. The kettle was pretty worn out but still original "patent pending." This cart was not sold by Weber but apparently Weber helped Woodard by providing the kettles. Anyway, the lady I bought it from wouldn't take any money! I was looking at just spray-painting it. My wife was not as impressed with it as I hoped. Meanwhile I made friends with a guy from the Weber Kettle Club here in Florida. He traded me a ton of Weber gas grill parts for it. I was happy to let him have it because he was willing to pay to get it media blasted and powder coated which it deserved.

Attachments

• Woodard OfferUp2.jpg
    Woodard OfferUp2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 5
Seems like a guy with a welder could fab something like that up pretty easily and cheaply. But, then, I suppose it wouldn't be an original "Woodard".

It's definitely a 1950s/1960s piece of Americana with a Weber tie in. More for show than go, but at least it is metal so you can put hot stuff on it.

My parents bought a Woodard set in the same pattern as the Seville cart in the mid '70s. My sister still has it and uses it. It still has appeal, I guess.

It is probably a little overboard with the red, but if he left the wheels white and the Weber logo normal except for a red kettle I think I might actually like it quite a bit. I wish the pictures showed the custom handle.

Guys, I have been getting a bit anxious with the weather finially starting to turn up north here. I have been faithfully watching CL and FB MP and have just started seeing grills hit the market. Nothing that I would would consider for a rehab for the asking price though. But, then I came across this one. It has the dreaded closed cabinet, but didn't look too bad, plus it is a Spirit and I try to stick with my Silver/Gold B's and C's. But I am bored and offered $30. They came back at $40 and I countered $35. I figure it might be a fairly quick turn around grill unless there is a bunch of rust. The performance issues they talk about, I can deal with.
Am I getting to anxious. I probably won't even be able to start up my rehabbing for another month anyway.

Spirit E310.jpgSpirit E310-2.jpgSpirit E310-3.jpg

Never mind, I just cancelled. I zoomed in on the cabinet photo and it does look like there is some significant rust in there. It is a shame.

Yes you can't really see what is dirt and what is rust. They tend to rust. And the floor panel can actually look worse from underneath.

Stefan, yah, I expanded the photo with the cabinet shot and zoomed in one time on the area in front of and too the right of the propane tank. There is a round hole there and you can see rust around it even to the point where the hole is no longer round so it is not just surface rust. And what is that, that the tank is sitting on? THat is supposed to be an open hole, isn't it? It looks like there is significant rust around the edge of that as well. And what are those silver screw heads or rivet heads around the tank? It looks like someone did some cobble job repairs to the base.

Back