I will just leave this here

It sure looks like one of those $9.99 Harbor Freight angle grinders and safety conscious guy to be using one of those new fangled HF face shields.

du7qMdg.jpg

Yeah, he didn’t even read the suffocation warning label you can see on the bag! Where in the world did you find that one?!!

Guess he is not worried about the sparks from the grinder melting his face mask. I have looked at that picture 5 times still can't believe someone would do that. :confused:

I came across one of those threads yesterday with all kinds of crazy safety issues. That picture was the one that seemed to scream "Grill Rehab" to me.

Jason, just grab it and set it out back. That is prime rehab grill and free is always good. Go get it if it isn't far.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2487846234796655/

$25 for a redhead. Needs grates and flavors bars....wood slats could use some new life. Paint looks pretty decent on firebox.

What model is this one? I don't have much experience with these older ones.

It should be an 1100 as it has the wood slats on the bottom, I have one going to do it over in the spring time for my old boss has the dreaded black fade though he does not care he bought a pellet grill and wants a gasser for his other uses. However it is a redhead lot to be said for that.

Are you going to keep this? Its missing the drop down table on the left, it needs grates and flavorizer bars which will be what $120 bucks add in a thermometer cause that is probably shot, an igniter most likely. You need to do the wood over really you will never make any money on it in this area. I and believe Chris from GA kind of gave up rehabbing these 13 bar old grills to make any money, not given up the hobby doing them for people who I know who want them only. I have 2 orders with no time constraints again pellet grill customers but I do one at a time when the weather gets better. I am basically doing them for cost plus, $40 bucks for labor so not even making minimum wage. One order is for the 1100 which fortunately the bars are stainless and need nothing. will put a new therm in it believe it or not the former owner must have replaced the igniter since the box is fully intact. the other for a Silver B which is way less to restore bars are cheap and quite frankly I will look for one in the spring. I am sure they would love the red head lid but they don't seem to care about the faded black if its less expensive since I have discussed it with them both.

I am amazed at what Bruce and Dave sell their grills for, that market for the old grills does not exist here.

I would also take care posting these grills you find in ATL on the forum if you want to buy them for yourself, there are plenty of member's in GA who jump on them if they were looking for the same thing. If you want it for yourself grab it and once it is in your garage share it with everybody. To the seller its the old saying money talks I will be there tomorrow or you want them to hold it till Monday if you know what I mean.

It should be an 1100 as it has the wood slats on the bottom, I have one going to do it over in the spring time for my old boss has the dreaded black fade though he does not care he bought a pellet grill and wants a gasser for his other uses. However it is a redhead lot to be said for that.

Are you going to keep this? Its missing the drop down table on the left, it needs grates and flavorizer bars which will be what $120 bucks add in a thermometer cause that is probably shot, an igniter most likely. You need to do the wood over really you will never make any money on it in this area. I and believe Chris from GA kind of gave up rehabbing these 13 bar old grills to make any money, not given up the hobby doing them for people who I know who want them only. I have 2 orders with no time constraints again pellet grill customers but I do one at a time when the weather gets better. I am basically doing them for cost plus, $40 bucks for labor so not even making minimum wage. One order is for the 1100 which fortunately the bars are stainless and need nothing. will put a new therm in it believe it or not the former owner must have replaced the igniter since the box is fully intact. the other for a Silver B which is way less to restore bars are cheap and quite frankly I will look for one in the spring. I am sure they would love the red head lid but they don't seem to care about the faded black if its less expensive since I have discussed it with them both.

I am amazed at what Bruce and Dave sell their grills for, that market for the old grills does not exist here.

I would also take care posting these grills you find in ATL on the forum if you want to buy them for yourself, there are plenty of member's in GA who jump on them if they were looking for the same thing. If you want it for yourself grab it and once it is in your garage share it with everybody. To the seller its the old saying money talks I will be there tomorrow or you want them to hold it till Monday if you know what I mean.

All good info there. Appreciate it. No, I wouldn't keep this, I think I will stick to buying Qs for super cheap and flipping those. I recently bought 2 q200s for $15 and $20. Should be able to easily double my money....hopefully more on those. Thinking I will wait until spring time to put them on FB.

One day I'll rehab one of these older style Genny's....just don't have the time right now.

I have no interest in Q's but wasn't one of those listed in Woodstock which is where I live also think I saw it. If I did have an interest since I am retired probably would have beat you to it which is why I say get them in the garage first. :cool:

That's a nice old 1000. That would have been in my truck, and back to my house, lickity split.

I have no doubt about that Dave its just a different market down here this is a new town they would probably jump on a Stainless Weber Lid grill in a heartbeat even though we know its not all stainless or a rehabbed 310 in copper excuse me if I have the model number wrong but you get my gist. I live in a nice neighborhood have plenty of friends I count 3 who own Webers one being myself the rest could care less most of them drive BMW's, Mercedes and I don't by the way but they are content to just buy a new model every four years under $200 bucks cause they could care less if they need to replace them every 4 years sad I know.

That is an early Genesis 1000, probably 1993 to 1995. That is a pretty good specimen of that vintage if you are looking for one. $25 is a good deal for it.

I have no interest in Q's but wasn't one of those listed in Woodstock which is where I live also think I saw it. If I did have an interest since I am retired probably would have beat you to it which is why I say get them in the garage first. :cool:

Yep, one of them was in Woodstock. It's in pretty rough shape but works great. Needs some TLC.
I actually have a separate thread over in the Q section with pictures of both my recent purchases.

I'm the opposite of being retired. 35 with a wife and two girls, 2 and 4.
Like most, I'm not looking to make a living off grills. Rehabbing decent grills to turn around and give to family and friends as gifts. So finding deals is a plus.

I enjoy doing the work too, well except maybe grinding old paint off the fireboxes 😵

Since you are also in Woodstock, maybe you could help me keep an eye out for a Performer bowl. The one on my old SS Performer has some holes in it and getting worse each cook. Looking for a good donar bowl.

Now that is a weird little Weber. Looks like someone used the lower bowl of a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker and converted it into a pizza grill.
And the Pizza attachment is the Pizzaque. Not the Kettlepizza version. The Pizzaque is a lot cheaper and cost about $70. I have the same one on one of my kettles.

Last edited:
I was trying to figure that one out. You nailed it Stefan. Then he stuck a Master Touch handle on top to boot! Did anyone see the upside down handle on the “limited edition” red? That one looks otherwise decent in the pictures but most I have seen up close are very disappointing. Nothing like the old red kettles in color or sheen.

Back