I will just leave this here

Not bad looking for $20. It is out in the desert near Palm Springs so likely no rust at all.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/815175991/

7afab00ba3ed4f95b79278141d553d22.jpg

Yeah, it is the one that forever ruined Larry on Weber because of their unwillingness to back up their warranty. Definitely a major problem in an otherwise awesome and now uniquely classic looking grill. I would grab that if it were near me, stash it away, and then later pursue the long term goal of someday figuring out a stainless steel fix for the firebox. And you never know, this one might be a lucky survivor. Looks like it lacks a few minor things, but it would be a good foundation to start. 4 burners in the same grate space a Genesis has 3. As Larry has noted the Vieluxe seems to have some Generation 1 Summit in its DNA. This stainless one is almost like a "pocket" Vieluxe.

Is that one not prone to the cook box corrosion?

Actually Bruce they all have a corrosion issue but yes that is the one I have, and the one as mentioned that will sour me forever on paying tons of $$$ for something that will not be backed up under warranty and now has left me knowing that the Weber warranty is only as good as what is wrapped around a cardboard tube. Sadly it was/is about the best cooking grill ever made. And for $20 I would grab it if no rust in the fire box

Dave, my guess is that it isn't really free. Once he gets you on the phone, he will get to the price.

Either that or a scam to get your phone number.

LOL that is too funny. Though if you think about it the larger types that lift the bowl are basically just upside down drill presses

Back