I will just leave this here

haha, I did not even notice that gas can under the left side. hahaha
That thing has a youtube video in it's future.

Can't wait to see this one Bruce.

Yah, it is purely a parts grill. No flavo bars, no grates, but that is fine. 95% of the time they are both shot anyway. Burners "might" be salvageable. Cook box looks OK as well as the lid. The left wood slat table is gone, but the swing table was with it, but not installed. It looks like bot the swing table and handle are in fairly good shape still. I am not sure, but I think he might have put some redwood deck stain on them years ago unless Weber did that. No drip pan, the bigger grease pan was not installed as the slide rails are gone, but he has some kind of cobble job in place of the railes....obviously it wasn't working too well. There is no wire rack for the bottom either. I am not sure about the manifold, but it has the older POL style connector. The frame is a total loss, I didn't look much at the control panel. I didn't check the lid to well, but it looks like a decent red head. The frame is a total loss.

He did say he bought a brand new Weber to replace it but had only used it once so far. He said he really likes it......I guess that is understandable if he was using this one over the last year or so.

Yep, like I said, I won't pass on a "Free" Weber Genesis grill even if it is unusable as it sits. Usually just pulling one piece off it is worth the hassle. A table, control panel, knobs, manifold, grease pan, lid, cook box, swing table parts, rods, tank holders, wheels, end caps, even little plastic clip and bolts.

I agree totally, especially as I am noticing replacement parts being discontinued by retailers (I bought my Ace out on Genesis casters) and even Weber starting to show Genesis parts as no longer available. As time goes on old stock parts will be more and more important since fabricating new replacements is way too expensive for what we do. I am not worried about burners, knobs, flavorizers or grates, but other stuff is going get more and more difficult to source.

Exactly Jon. It is all the other stuff that is going to get really hard to find for a reasonable price. Plus, it is just so nice that you can finish off a grill rehab and not have to put it on hold waiting for a part to be delivered.

The hard part is finding a place to store it all and keep it organized.

Kyle,
I would say if you are looking to make a bunch on a flip that having to replace that grate will definitely cut into what you can make. However, it is a nice setup - especially for $15 - with that style cart and could be made to look very nice. To me, that one blends the pros of the midsize 200 series with those of the 300. Looks more “permanent” on your deck then one on a collapsible cart but you can still lift it out to go on a picnic or camping trip. The cart is worth more than $15 alone.

This is for sale on FB MP. Says it is for a Spirit E310. But, it you look at the label, it makes it seem as if the lid is for an E210 or an E310? I am sure they are not the same lid. What gives?

r6WLzKJ.png

I double-checked on e-replacement parts.com. They definitely use different parts. The E-310 lid will fit a Silver B/C. The E-210 lid will fit a Silver A.

My guess is that the label is what Weber puts on the either entire grill to explain the warranty. If you are interested you should probably see if the seller will measure for you to be sure which one it is. Looks like the larger size to me.

That is what I thought. Really, i wasn't interested in it, but then I get to thinking that if I can maybe get a good deal on it, it would easily be worth not having to refurb a regular lid and end caps.

No. I am pretty positive the Genesis II grills are a different size. Grates are not compatible.

The hoods from the later 300 (front controls) series are identical to the earlier 300 sidewinder grills, however.

That is what I thought. Really, i wasn't interested in it, but then I get to thinking that if I can maybe get a good deal on it, it would easily be worth not having to refurb a regular lid and end caps.

I have this set up for pick up on Saturday

Right now, I would be really happy if it was 60 degrees and sunny. BUt it is 15 degrees and dark outside. I just really have a hankerin to go out and work on a grill.

Just thought everyone should know that.

Back