I will just leave this here

I would love to have that avocado Caribbean, but I am not in that league. The red one is ok, but not as interesting.

I agree with you about the blue SJ. The lime green one is a little high but looks pretty nice.

Now here is one thing I have never seen offered for FREE.

https://madison.craigslist.org/zip/d/sauk-city-free-beer/7071318614.html

8m0ywo8.jpg

WOW! My favorite kind of beer ..... FREE!

UPS man dropped these off to me yesterday.

C5QmdNTh.jpg

A couple of 310's will be brought back to life soon.
Sure wish I have about 50 more.

I looked about a month ago and those were about $100 for a floor pan. That about what you paid?

I’m going to sand and paint mine from the s310 more as preventative maintenance. I don’t think Weber did a good job painting these from the factory

WOW! My favorite kind of beer ..... FREE!

UPS man dropped these off to me yesterday.

C5QmdNTh.jpg

A couple of 310's will be brought back to life soon.
Sure wish I have about 50 more.

You guys that have been buying / selling grills for a while.... Do you typically see more for sale during the warmer months or less?

I've only recently started keeping an eye on used grills for sale. Winter seems like it would be a better buyers market and spring / summer would be best time to sell.

Kyle,

It seems to come in waves. There are probably some blips such as after Christmas and early summer when people are likely to have gotten a new grill and want to push their old off on someone like us;). In Florida, that isn't as predictable. I have seen valleys where very little comes up and then all of a sudden a bunch of interesting grills are listed within a week's time.

Selling also has ups and downs. Whether buying or selling, patience is generally the key. On the other hand, a way underpriced grill won't last long, so you do need to be ready to jump on those. I saw a 4-burner Genesis II in great condition listed for just $300 last night. Already gone by lunchtime today.

How much would it cost for you to make something like that? Way out of my skillset and I don't have the needed tools. That floorpan is the biggest weakness of these grills.

I used to burn out parts like that quite often. Easy to do with the right equipment, although it would take a press brake to bend the edges.

You guys that have been buying / selling grills for a while.... Do you typically see more for sale during the warmer months or less?

I've only recently started keeping an eye on used grills for sale. Winter seems like it would be a better buyers market and spring / summer would be best time to sell.

Kyle: I don't think it matters so much down south, but up here in Wisconsin, the rehab grill pickup season ends around October and won't start back up until probably near April. I see more decent rehab grills hit FB MP and CL in one month of early summer than I do from October to April.

Try to figure out what months your grilling season really gets going in the spring and then try to figure out when people start giving up the grill for the winter and have to make a decision to store it or get rid of it with plans to get one in the spring. Up here that would be April/May and probably September/October. For you, much earlier in the spring and later in the fall.

Not really a big deal, but all you guys who rehab a bunch of grills or just do a lot of grilling and go through a bunch of those aluminum drip pan inserts used on just about every Weber gas grill, they have an off brand at Menards in 3 packs for 88 cents. That is a lot better than 50 cents each plus for weber ones. It makes it a lot more palatable to change them out on your personal grills more often.

y5SMHqk.jpg

I did check and they are the exact same size as the ones used in Genesis 1000/Silver/Gold/Platinum grills and Q grills. Not real sure what the E310's and beyond use.

G
Not really a big deal, but all you guys who rehab a bunch of grills or just do a lot of grilling and go through a bunch of those aluminum drip pan inserts used on just about every Weber gas grill, they have an off brand at Menards in 3 packs for 88 cents. That is a lot better than 50 cents each plus for weber ones. It makes it a lot more palatable to change them out on your personal grills more often.

y5SMHqk.jpg

I did check and they are the exact same size as the ones used in Genesis 1000/Silver/Gold/Platinum grills and Q grills. Not real sure what the E310's and beyond use.

That’s a really good deal, Bruce. I bought the ones below from Amazon and can honestly say that not only are they a bargain but they are BETTER than the Weber OEM ones!

Fig & Leaf (35 Pack) Weber Grills Compatible 6415 Drip Pans l Size 7.5" x 5" x 1.7" l Aluminum Foil l 32 Gauge l Fit for Weber Q Grills, Spirit Gas Grills, Genesis and Genesis II LX 200 300 Series https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B078HLQ92F/tvwb-20

There you go. Thats is close to the same price per pan that I got. I just saw them while running through Menards today and realized they were half price of what the Weber pans cost per pan.

Back