I got lucky............

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
We like this recipe, http://www.weber.com/grillout/recip...marinated-rib-eyes-smoked-with-a-little-thyme, so we have it often. Last night I had planned on grilling at six so put the rub on at three. 5:30 comes and it begins to rain, hard, until midnight. These were nice cuts at over 1-1/2 pounds per steak so I was bummed out and worried. Nancy saved the day and made Chile. So instead of a three hour rub, I ended up with a 27 hour rub as I grilled them tonight. The results were just fine and to be honest, I couldn’t tell the difference from the normal three hour rub. Thanks Jamie!!!!!! Nancy made potatoes and fresh veggies, (we have a very small garden around the grill area), inside. It was pretty good………….

Faithful helper, like I could ever cook without him.
Ribeye-Rub-005-L.jpg

Ready to go. These were thick and took over twelve minutes for rare.....
Ribeye-Rub-007-L.jpg

Plated with taters and veggies......
Ribeye-Rub-008-L.jpg

Like Scott says!! We Are The Lucky ones...not sure why everyone is so afraid of the rain! If I didn't cook in the rain I would never cook!

Great looking steak and sides and sounds like you got a couple great cooking partners!

Excellent looking steak Rolf! The way it has been raining lately here in Georgia I still grill or smoke (no covered area) unless there is lightening involved, then it waits. Rain = I cook, Lightening = Wife cooks...:cool:

Like Scott says!! We Are The Lucky ones...not sure why everyone is so afraid of the rain! If I didn't cook in the rain I would never cook!

Great looking steak and sides and sounds like you got a couple great cooking partners!

Indeed I do,thanks Morgan.

Excellent looking steak Rolf! The way it has been raining lately here in Georgia I still grill or smoke (no covered area) unless there is lightening involved, then it waits. Rain = I cook, Lightening = Wife cooks...:cool:

Mike, think lightening/thunder for 20 minutes on, five minutes off, for five plus hours. Yep, we cooked inside..... darn it!

beautiful, I need to buy that gourmet system for the sear grate, I love the nice wide sear you were able to get, makes me hungry.

Back