I agree blue is best

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
So I finally reused that Platinum frame. And decided to swap the maroon hood for the blue one. Blue just looks better.
Originally i thought about an open design since the grey panels and floor of that Platinum were all rusted but now decided to go back and to a closed cart. I have so much stuff in that cabinet and it looks nicer with the clutter hidden. So I basically used my DIY floor, the black panels, side burner and control panel from the Gold C. Plus the simple grey thermoset tables. I just don’t like the ones from the Platinum. That light grey gets dirty very quick.
So this grill now consists of parts of at least 5 or 6 grills including that brand new firebox I got from Weber.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/anEewioLcMRvrcHu8

Last edited:
Beautiful Blue BBQ Stefan H, I agree blue is best.
:redmastertouch: < need some blue versions.

That Blue Lid is killing me great job Stefan.

Still working on it for you, Brian. The guy in Tampa is cracking a little. If I can talk my wife into not resenting me going on a road trip and maybe find something else to get as well I might still be able to get it for you.

Last edited:
So I finally reused that Platinum frame. And decided to swap the maroon hood for the blue one. Blue just looks better.
Originally i thought about an open design since the grey panels and floor of that Platinum were all rusted but now decided to go back and to a closed cart. I have so much stuff in that cabinet and it looks nicer with the clutter hidden. So I basically used my DIY floor, the black panels, side burner and control panel from the Gold C. Plus the simple grey thermoset tables. I just don’t like the ones from the Platinum. That light grey gets dirty very quick.
So this grill now consists of parts of at least 5 or 6 grills including that brand new firebox I got from Weber.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/anEewioLcMRvrcHu8

Stefan,
Your combination grill looks really cool! I guess we both came to similar conclusions about keeping the doors/cabinetry. I am trying to setup a one inch stainless tube with all the holes and stop plate to take the place of the one piece bottom that had all that. How did you mount your doors without using the Weber bottom?

I am planning on making bottom trays with durawood slats and stainless (or aluminum) z bars. I might re-use the side panels but I am hoping I can afford to have a stainless replacement for the back panel. The one on my Platinum is pretty bad. It is a simpler design so hopefully the fabrication cost would not be out of reach. I just wish I could make all the cabinetry out of stainless the way Weber should have in the first place:eek:!

Stefan,
Your combination grill looks really cool! I guess we both came to similar conclusions about keeping the doors/cabinetry. I am trying to setup a one inch stainless tube with all the holes and stop plate to take the place of the one piece bottom that had all that. How did you mount your doors without using the Weber bottom?

I am planning on making bottom trays with durawood slats and stainless (or aluminum) z bars. I might re-use the side panels but I am hoping I can afford to have a stainless replacement for the back panel. The one on my Platinum is pretty bad. It is a simpler design so hopefully the fabrication cost would not be out of reach. I just wish I could make all the cabinetry out of stainless the way Weber should have in the first place:eek:!

Jon, I built my own floor based on cedar wood for the Gold C some months ago. I just moved that floor to the Platinum. There are some pictures here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XEDLxz7dXYKz7oCw5

Stefan,
That Gold frame was when Weber still used horizontal frame tubes (which is what I am trying to recreate in stainless on my Platinum which does not have these bars). Did you also add horizontal frame bars or did you find another way to mount the doors and have them stay shut?

Jon, my Gold did not have horizontal frame tubes. Just a rusted out floor pan. I just used horizontal cedar boards with one board as a lip up front where I drilled holes for the doors. While using the floor on the Gold C I painted that lip black. Now I had just painted it silver.
The cedar boards are mounted on aluminum angles hanging on the outside. On the inside I used 2x2 wood with the original clamps from the metal floor which I had removed before.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RXgo6xLPk5XKiQEx6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DauJ29ypS2f65yXM7

Last edited:
Stefan, you have some serious skills and a little creativity as well. I will be stealing
one or more of these ideas on upcoming rehabs.
I know we have talked about this before, but I have to say it again ..... that black light bar
handle is NICE! Improves any and all grills.

That looks great. I see you have the nice light handle also.
Just got one for Christmas from a fellow member and I can not wait to start using it. The stock handle is just a little to close for me to the hood. ;)
We need to get together after the holidays!

Very creative the way you used wood for the rusted out areas. Nice looking grill.

Thanks. Initially I was thinking about getting a new metal floor pan but eventually it will rust again. This way I have a floor which does not rust and ventilates as well. And it was a lot cheaper then buying another metal floor pan. This is my workhorse grill and function is most important.

That looks great. I see you have the nice light handle also.
Just got one for Christmas from a fellow member and I can not wait to start using it. The stock handle is just a little to close for me to the hood. ;)
We need to get together after the holidays!

Yes Chris we have too. I bought this handle on eBay. The light is good but I have to try some LED replacement bulbs which do exist and also use rechargeable C-cells.

Back