I agree blue is best

Yes Chris we have too. I bought this handle on eBay. The light is good but I have to try some LED replacement bulbs which do exist and also use rechargeable C-cells.

Stefan,
Let me know if you find LED bulbs that work on this handle. I bought a set for my handle that matched the specs and looked perfect, but they just would not work no matter what I tried. I get decent results with regular bulbs, but with those big C batteries LED bulbs would go for eons and also make brighter light.

I am a long time lurker now becoming a Weber hoarder thanks to this site. If anyone is in Renton Washington and wants a nice complete blue Genesis C then here you go:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/601244072/

I don't know much but I know this is worth every penny of what he wants.... Plenty of room for flip money also. Heck swap the hood if you are feeling blue and still turn a profit. Flavorizers even still look good (can barely see them in the ad). Hopefully spent most of its days under that faded cover.

I think the Blue head that you are talking about is actually a Silver B. The Silver C has an extra burner on the right side. It is a nice looking grill however.

My bad! I have Genesis Silver C on the mind because I just got one. I also getting three more grills tomorrow. They are rough but I should be getting a blue Platinum II C, a black Platinum II B, and a green Silver B. There is also a Spirit and a Summit but I think I am going to pass on those. I can get them cheap but I am overnight turning into a Weber hoarder. I just finished my first basic restoration on my 2004 Silver B and I am happy with it. It needs some paint but not in December. Days are too short and too cold. I really don't know what I am going to do with them all. Here is my current rig:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q_-Soc1eAzRVo54ei7Jfy-sGYcK5yvN7

Last edited:
but I am overnight turning into a Weber hoarder........... It needs some paint but not in December. Days are too short and too cold.

Nothing wrong with a little hoarding. If you plan to flip, you have to grab them when you can.

I have been painting and have surprisingly good luck this winter. A little sunlight on some freshly painted
black steel does wonders. A propane heater is great to have also. I am used to painting in the heat and humidity
of the Midwest. The low dew point makes for some very fast drying time.

My bad! I have Genesis Silver C on the mind because I just got one. I also getting three more grills tomorrow. They are rough but I should be getting a blue Platinum II C, a black Platinum II B, and a green Silver B. There is also a Spirit and a Summit but I think I am going to pass on those. I can get them cheap but I am overnight turning into a Weber hoarder. I just finished my first basic restoration on my 2004 Silver B and I am happy with it. It needs some paint but not in December. Days are too short and too cold. I really don't know what I am going to do with them all. Here is my current rig:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q_-Soc1eAzRVo54ei7Jfy-sGYcK5yvN7
Yah, sounds like you have the bug. It always starts with "just one". I just picked up a Silver B blue head that looks just like yours except for the different colored head. Mine was a 2004 model.

Fred: fix them up and sell them. Then you can buy even more. hahaha

Nothing wrong with a little hoarding. If you plan to flip, you have to grab them when you can.

I have been painting and have surprisingly good luck this winter. A little sunlight on some freshly painted
black steel does wonders. A propane heater is great to have also. I am used to painting in the heat and humidity
of the Midwest. The low dew point makes for some very fast drying time.

Well in Cali we have sun and low humidity. Even our rain is dry.... If it gets down in the 40's we have to actually put on a hoodie. You Midwestern dudes are real men. That is where the weather can actually kill you. Anyways thanks for the info and I did score tonight. I am actually going out again tomorrow night to look at a old redhead. I told my wife that and she didn't quite get it....

Yah, sounds like you have the bug. It always starts with "just one". I just picked up a Silver B blue head that looks just like yours except for the different colored head. Mine was a 2004 model.

Fred: fix them up and sell them. Then you can buy even more. hahaha

Well Bruce for whatever reason I just love working on them. I find it quite soothing and it is really pretty easy. I look forward to fixing some older ones with the wood. Hopefully the old redhead tomorrow will be decent. Well here are a couple of the hoods from tonight's haul:

Black Platinum
Blue Platinum II

I did end up picking up 4 grills tonight. I am going to document the rehabs on all of them. The Silver C I picked up the other day is the 2005 with the doors below. The floor pan has the dreaded rot and I didn't know, until I learned it here, that you could replace the floor pan. I have one ordered and I will document that as well.

Yep Fred. You have the bug. No doubt. Those platinums are nice looking grills. I had never seen a handle before like the one on the Bluehead.
I had heard you can get a replacement bottom for those Silver series grills, but from what I understand, they are pretty expensive. Hard to make a buck on flip when have to start replacing major parts.

I would also seriously consider that E330 that Dave posted if it is anywhere near you. I get about $75 more for one of them than the Silver B's and 1000's and that one looks to be in great shape. But, again you have to worry about that bottom panel inside on those.

How much are you getting these grills for? It sounds like you are in rehabbers grill heaven down there.

What's the size difference between the 320 and old Genius grill's? I'm wondering if I would be able to squeeze them in my car like I do with the Genius.

They're Genesis not "Genius" LOL. Really overall size is not that different FWIW. I think they're just more clumsy than the older style but I cannot imagine putting one into a "car" unless it's a wagon, hatchback or crossover SUV

They're Genesis not "Genius" LOL. Really overall size is not that different FWIW. I think they're just more clumsy than the older style but I cannot imagine putting one into a "car" unless it's a wagon, hatchback or crossover SUV
See what happens when you let auto-fill do its thing on your phone :). I would imagine they are quite a bit heaver than the old Genesis grills also. I'm able to load the old ones by myself because because they don't weigh anything. And the open cart gives me lots of places to grab hold of. As for the car, its a very small hatchback. This is how I have I have been managing do get them around.

If the overall size is about the same I may be able to make offers on things like the 320 and shoehorn them into the car like I do with the Genesis models. As long as there is help loading. Unfortunately I always seem to have to load them by my self.

I have passed on some good deals because I don't have the means to transport them. It's depressing that my truck is staring at me every day and I cant drive it because it needs work.

The newer Genesis are a bit bigger and you cannot take the cart apart that easy. On older Silver/Gold or x000 series you can lift the upper frame section with firebox from the lower legs if you have height restrictions on your vehicle. I have done this before. Lid off, guts out and than removed the 4 bolts that hold the upper frame to the legs. And then just list the upper frame off. Easy and quick. This cannot be done that easy with the 300 series Genesis. Here you have to take the whole grill apart.

My Wife and I can fold down the back seat, toss out a blanket, pull off the lid,
remove and wrap the grates and flavorizers, load it all the back of a RAV4, and drive away
in under 5 minutes, without even hurrying.

I loaded a 320 by myself ONCE. Pain the arse. Not particularly safe for me or the grill.

I am grateful for my full sized pick up. But, I have helped several customers partially take grills apart that they bought from me and stuff them into those tiny SUV's.

I also offer delivery for a reasonable fee based on distance and have delivered three or four grills to buyers who didn't have more than a compact sedan to transport the grill with.

Oh, and yes, I loaded an E300 by myself once after I took the lid and guts out of it. Not a good thing with my back, but I had bought it at an auction and didn't have help. It took some finagling, but I got it up and in.

Last edited:

Back