I♥Pork Steaks

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
started with fresh cut ¾" to 1" pork steaks from my favourite local pork supplier
seasoned with salt&pepper and RumpRub

RumpRub.PNG

tossed the steaks over hot Weber briquettes to partially cook...

porksteaks04092020a.jpg

porksteaks04092020b.jpg

porksteaks04092020c.jpg

dumped a bottle of Secret Stadium Sauce into a foil pan with ½a bottle of brewski

porksteaks04092020e.jpg

dropped the pig steaks in too...

porksteaks04092020d.jpg

covered the top with foil for an hour.
then brought'em in the house to eet.gif

fork tender and Delicious!!

porksteaks04092020g.jpg

Thanks again for swingin' by!bye3.gif

Last edited:
You've completed a "fivefecta" this week Jim and there's still two days left! I ordered a couple of bottles of the Secret Stadium Sauce last spring after seeing one of your brat posts. I'm going to dig out my remaining bottle.

Nice looking steaks.

I never heard of pork steaks until reading about them on here a few years ago. Saw it was a St. Louis thing.

Well, they turn up in one of my grocery stores now. And I see on Texas Monthly that several Texas BBQ joints produce them. They are spreading.

BBQ editor Daniel Vaughn even wrote up a recipe for sous vide pork steaks.
How to turn pork slices into a juicy steak without leaving your kitchen.

No. 1 joint Snows is sort of known for them. Here is their recipe. It looks good.

Tootsie-Pork-Steak-09.jpeg

Well you got me started on Pork steaks a few years ago and now you add this new "To Me " tub soak before you plate them My My i shall be increasing my waist line for sure. Thank you Mr Jim.

You're killin' it, Jim! Another winner (I'm not sure I've ever seen a pork steak around here......)

R
So I can not get pork steaks in my area either, but I get my butcher to take a pork shoulder and ask him to run them through the blade saw. I ask for 3/4 of an inch thick. He cuts them to the blade bone gives me the steaks and then the chuck of meat left over. I first had a pork steak grilled hot and fast at a friend of mine who is from Brazil. I like them much better then a pork chop but also more then a beef steak.I have done then as simple as salt and pepper, to in bbq rub and sauce, to marinade in beer and seasoning all are great. I have a pork shoulder in the freezer right now after I low and slow cook it into pulled pork, this post makes me wanted to get the next one cut into steaks.

Kramer...uh, I mean Michael, ;)

If you can get your pork steaks custom-cut give a thicker steak (1-1/2" to 2") a try sometime. They're great for a slower, indirect cook and can actually pick up a nice bit of smoke.

I have never done them lower and slower. After I posted I read the link to snow's recipe. Reading that and your advice to go thicker add up to make a lot of sense about low and slow. I will give it a try.
So you caught my name... There is an 80% you are a college professor, literally 80% of people who have picked up on my namesake have been professor, crazy but true...

Me too! Yours looks great! I love having sauteed apples, onions and sauerkraut served with mine.

Back