How about some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With gift cards he received over Christmas and his recent birthday (along with a little funding from Mom and Dad), our youngest decided he wanted to build a PC. We sourced all the parts over the last couple weeks and got it built yesterday. Got Windows installed and he's up and running. This was the second time I've put one of these together. Fun projects, and much simpler than you'd expect.

And no fluff software to deal with either? (bloatware)

Well it's been 6 weeks since my Mom tested positive for the virus. Just got the news that she has tested negative twice.
It's been rough, but she fought it and won.
Her doctors all wrote her off, saying no way could she overcome this, but she did!

Tim
Great news Tim!!

Well it's been 6 weeks since my Mom tested positive for the virus. Just got the news that she has tested negative twice.
It's been rough, but she fought it and won.
Her doctors all wrote her off, saying no way could she overcome this, but she did!

Tim
That's really great news Tim, sounds like your Mom is a very strong Lady

A busy day today. Totally tired of fighting with the wireless ISP connection on my Samsung Smart TV. Decided I've had enough of that. So did a hard wired CAT5 connection to it. Ran a CAT5 cable up from the ISP equipment in the basement, hopefully I am done with that. Then last week I came across a guy selling a brand new Autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge. Been wanting to add one to my Honda tractor as for some odd reason Honda did not equip it with any kind of oil pressure warning/shut down as they do on other equipment with the same engine (GX360). So I ordered a metric fitting adapter set, and a mounting cup from Amazon. And was able to get into the engine compartment enough with my little die 90 deg grinder equipped with a small cutoff wheel and a rotary rasp to cut the excess off the left rear motor mount bracket. Ran the lined got the fittings all together and she reads perfect and doesn't leak a drop. Very pleased
20200603_164040.jpg20200603_163959.jpg20200603_163956.jpg20200603_163953.jpg20200603_163946.jpg20200603_163915.jpg

I have 2 more days of doing deliveries and I get to go back to my travelling customer service gig!
Our senior driver is off this week on a well deserved vacation, so I've been in the F550 slinging batteries!
Also, my old Mack got turned in today.
Not sure if it's going to get sold or sent to another branch.
Gonna miss that big honking truck!

Good news,
A friend has had a clean 6 month post cancer check up, Costco had a lovely pair of prime ribeyes for my wife’s sons birthday dinner tomorrow! Sister in law is finally home after some miserable months in and out of hospitals!
I think I even have enough charcoal for a while!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back