How about some good music links?

2Cellos, who in addition to the Classics, also perform their interpretations of popular song in a classic style (of sorts) since it can be a bit more aggressive.

They are a Croatian cellist duo, consisting of classically trained cellists, Luka Šulić and Stjepan Hauser. They play instrumental arrangements of well-known pop and rock songs, as well as classical and film music. The duo performs internationally and has been featured on several American television series including Glee and The Bachelor.

These two gents really are very impressive. I've read somewhere that Elton John saw them perform once and hired them immediately as an opening act. I'd really enjoy seeing a live performance.

Some more BS.... This remake should be everyone's theme song regardless of the times, situations, affiliations, et. al....

...this one with Jimmy Hall doing the old Wet Willie hit:

...to hear the lyrics better, here's the original:
Easily one of my top favorites...Wet Willie has never really gotten the nationwide appreciation they deserve, especially for their early work.

And in keeping with that theme, sometimes underappreciated bands had underappreciated songs:

And a live version from the 1979 Champagne Jam concert, although it's audio only:

Last edited:
Did somebody already post about this guy?
My Wife had him playing on Pandora yesterday and I was impressed.

A little while ago, I was reading a book by Randy Wayne White (Doc Ford series) and I was reminded of an LP that I have tucked away somewhere that I had forgotten all about. It was by the "Moody Blues" and the song was "Nights in White Satin". I put in a search and found it but don't know how to share it with you. Sorry. Just wondering if there are any Moody Blues fans here.

Last edited:
A year or two ago, my daughter suggested that I might like Greta Van Fleet. And she was right. I know they are polarizing and a lot of folks think they are Led Zeppelin wannabees, or over rated (or both). But to me, it's refreshing to hear a band play good old fashioned rock the way it used to be done; something other than the cookie cutter pseudo rock pop stuff that most bands/artists put out today.

And it's been a couple of decades (or more) since I actually looked forward to the release of an album; I mean, to the point of getting it on drop date and listening to it right away.

This morning, I queued up their new album on Spotify before leaving for work. And where I normally either listen to an audiobook or Bob and Tom in the morning commute, today I listened to The Battle at Garden's Gate (all but the last two songs, it was it bit too long for the commute) in my Jeep with the upgraded sound system. And I found that before the end of the first song, I had unconsciously turned the volume up...high...like back in high school Owner of a Lonely Heart kind of loud.

When I listen to songs the first time, I listen to the music. It takes me a few times before I'm learning the lyrics, so I can't really judge what this album says. But it sounds good to me. Maybe it's just been so long since I've heard new bands playing this type of music that it just seems really good (like a Big Mac after 6 days of backpacking is the best food ever). But whatever the case, those kids can play.

I'm looking forward to listening to the last two songs on the way home...in my Jeep...with the upgraded sound system...with the volume up...like back in high school Owner of a Lonely Heart kind of loud.

Then maybe I'll switch to Fear Inoculum for the rest of the drive.

A year or two ago, my daughter suggested that I might like Greta Van Fleet. And she was right. I know they are polarizing and a lot of folks think they are Led Zeppelin wannabees, or over rated (or both). But to me, it's refreshing to hear a band play good old fashioned rock the way it used to be done; something other than the cookie cutter pseudo rock pop stuff that most bands/artists put out today.

And it's been a couple of decades (or more) since I actually looked forward to the release of an album; I mean, to the point of getting it on drop date and listening to it right away.

This morning, I queued up their new album on Spotify before leaving for work. And where I normally either listen to an audiobook or Bob and Tom in the morning commute, today I listened to The Battle at Garden's Gate (all but the last two songs, it was it bit too long for the commute) in my Jeep with the upgraded sound system. And I found that before the end of the first song, I had unconsciously turned the volume up...high...like back in high school Owner of a Lonely Heart kind of loud.

When I listen to songs the first time, I listen to the music. It takes me a few times before I'm learning the lyrics, so I can't really judge what this album says. But it sounds good to me. Maybe it's just been so long since I've heard new bands playing this type of music that it just seems really good (like a Big Mac after 6 days of backpacking is the best food ever). But whatever the case, those kids can play.

I'm looking forward to listening to the last two songs on the way home...in my Jeep...with the upgraded sound system...with the volume up...like back in high school Owner of a Lonely Heart kind of loud.

Then maybe I'll switch to Fear Inoculum for the rest of the drive.

Back