How about some good music links?

And when ya find out that the lyric writer on this song, wrote this from the perspective of a woman whose man is in Vietnam, it really changes the song for me. Vietnam was a dangerous damn place in 1967. Hal David wrote the lyrics, Burt Bacharach wrote the music

Lynn, I lived in an apartment when I was in college, downstairs from a Vietnam vet, he did 2 tours as a Huey door gunner. He really did not talk about it much, and you really had to know him for a very long time to get him to open up a bit (I never got that far.) He came back pretty well messed up, and he knew it. I thought pretty highly of him (and still do, BTW,) it was also pretty painful to watch him try to get in civilian life (and this was a solid 15 years later.)

...and I'll always love me some "Little Feat"! NOBODY knew who they were when I played them constantly years back. Still rare I find anyone who has heard of them. As someone commented on the "Willin'" video - "Arguably the most underrated band ever".

Not often you get Emmylou Harris & Bonnie Raitt as backup singers!

I also love some little feat.

OK, I guess this is where I get kicked off this thread, but..........does anyone like/listen to Neil Diamond?

OK, I guess this is where I get kicked off this thread, but..........does anyone like/listen to Neil Diamond?
You mean other than Sweet Caroline?

I don't, but depending on the song, I might not change the channel if it comes on. But honestly I'm not usually listening to a station or streaming channel that would play one of his songs.

Having said that, I really enjoyed The Jazz Singer. Watched it several times back in the day.

Man, those first 5 or so ZZ Top albums are unbelievable.
I have El Loco on vinyl. I've been a ZZ fan since I was about 11 or 12 years old. Still like em today. Like you, I prefer the earlier stuff. Eliminator and Afterburner were both OK.... music seemed to chance after that.

You will get THE real king of rock and roll...

I got to see Chuck Berry live back in 2000 or 2001 at Blueberry Hill in St. Louis. He was in his late 70's at the time. His guitar was still pretty solid, but he was forgetting some lyrics here and there, but ever the showman, he made jokes about it and kept having fun.

Back