How about some good music links?

I saw Winwood open for Tom Petty in Tulsa in 2014, hey just me, but I thought Petty should've been opening for Winwood.
That would have been a good show.

A few years ago, I was sitting in the airport in Atlanta, coming home from a week long business trip, when I got a text message from my g/f..... she started to ask me if I wanted tickets to go see Joe Walsh open for Tom Petty, and before I could reply, she said she'd gone ahead and bought the tickets. It was one of Petty's last shows. :( Petty & his band were pretty good, I'd have been happy just seeing Joe Walsh.

That would have been a good show.

A few years ago, I was sitting in the airport in Atlanta, coming home from a week long business trip, when I got a text message from my g/f..... she started to ask me if I wanted tickets to go see Joe Walsh open for Tom Petty, and before I could reply, she said she'd gone ahead and bought the tickets. It was one of Petty's last shows. :( Petty & his band were pretty good, I'd have been happy just seeing Joe Walsh.
That was 2017. Petty opened that tour here in OKC. I was there for that one also. Back in 2014 I'd joined Petty's " companion club " , it was a fan club type thing that cost $40 to join, but they said I could get better seating. In 2014 in Tulsa, the seats were good , but way off to the side of the stage. But in 2017 we were on row 5 , almost center section. Was well worth it, especially since that tour with Joe Walsh was his last.

Was well worth it, especially since that tour with Joe Walsh was his last.
For shows here in the XCel Center (hockey) or the Target Center (basketball,) we've pretty much given up on floor seating, my g/f is just too short to make that work. We've had MUCH better luck in the stands at the far end of the arena from the stage, no twisting in the seat, not peering around people, and with modern staging & gargantuan video displays, the experience is pretty darned good.

The Target Center was the kick-off for Fleetwood Mac's reunion tour with Christine Mcvie a few years back. Great show.

In 2013, Eric Clapton came to OKC. I bought tickets the old fashioned way, I got in line at the arena about 8 am on the day they went on sale at 9 am. I would say there was 50 someodd people in line at about 8:45 when " the man " came out gave all of us these little raffle type tickets that numbered us in line. I was number 10. Then he took the first 5 people in line and told them to go to the back of the line, they were really pissed. But that put me up to #5.

Then they let us in the lobby of the ticket sales area and opened up 5 windows and told we first five to get to a window. At 9 am sales began and I bought 2 tickets. They were front row , center section. I laughed all the way to the truck. Called Mrs Dollar and we both became giddy. That was an incredible day.

I thought about selling them. I paid $80 each. I could've sold em for $1,000 easily. But Mrs Dollar would not think about it, this was gonna be a once in a lifetime experience, to have front row seats in a large arena to see an artist like Clapton. To this day, when we think about it we look at each other and smile.

We sat next to two couples from Midland, Texas. They were oil people who flew into OKC on a private jet. I can tell you, that Mrs Dollar and I were running with a totally different crowd :)

I hate buying tickets on the internet, but its about the only way its done any more.

...and I'll always love me some "Little Feat"! NOBODY knew who they were when I played them constantly years back. Still rare I find anyone who has heard of them. As someone commented on the "Willin'" video - "Arguably the most underrated band ever".

Not often you get Emmylou Harris & Bonnie Raitt as backup singers!

Last edited:
The most prominent thing I've observed from the Clapton 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival .................. was that it may've been the largest gathering of skinny jean wearers in the world.

I listen to a lot of different genres of music, but I'm posting this one because it has 166 + million views. I've never seen a YT vid of any kind with this many views, just incredible

But really, I like the Dion Warwick original release of that song better. I enjoy the trumpets. And this is the version I remember being played on the radio in 1967.

And when ya find out that the lyric writer on this song, wrote this from the perspective of a woman whose man is in Vietnam, it really changes the song for me. Vietnam was a dangerous damn place in 1967. Hal David wrote the lyrics, Burt Bacharach wrote the music

Back