Hot and Fast Korean Sticky Beef ribs

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Following on the coat tail of Enrico, I have been separating my beef ribs into individual ribs and smoking them in a hot pit 325°.

Typically I use back ribs but the butcher had some good looking short ribs that looked like dinosaur bones so I grabbed those instead. Typical SPOG seasoning to start.

Fired up the 14.5" with KBB and Cherry

Here's the sauce recipe. I put this on 15 minutes before I pulled the ribs. Have a grease flare up so they got a bit darker than I normally like when I sauce. Still tasted great.

1/4 cup gochujang There is no Asian market in my town so I order this on Amazon. Comes three tubes to a pack. (you can substitute Sambal Olek)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

Mix everything together, apply to meat near end of cook to avoid burning the sugar.

33088541523_a603073ccf_c.jpg

33745132262_e27261934d_c.jpg

33901561485_1fd95e96fe_c.jpg

Thems' big beef ribs!

33745132832_74ab826814_c.jpg

Ready to sauce, internal temp 190°. I took a small sample just to make sure. I really like plain Spogged beef ribs, but I wanted the sweet heat of the sauce.

33901561135_1c926a5aed_c.jpg

33745132212_013eaab608_c.jpg

No need for sides!

ENJOY!!!!

I'd love to take one of those bones and go lay out in the grass and chew on like my pup does, eyes closed in pure heaven. :rolleyes:
Great cook Case.

Those Korean Sticky Beef ribs are huge, way to get after it Case.
I'm sure your glad it stopped snowing, and you can get back to BBQing/ smoking on a regular basis.

Beautiful, just beautiful

Thank you! they were tasty!

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect just what I want to have right now. Got a go make some.

Thank you! They are great!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, those are lovely!

Those Korean Sticky Beef ribs are huge, way to get after it Case.
I'm sure your glad it stopped snowing, and you can get back to BBQing/ smoking on a regular basis.

That looks like my kind of meal!

Case those look amazing.

Thank you! Tasty Tasty Tasty!

Great looking beef ribs. Wonderful color and flavor from your ingredients. I really like that little WSM too.

Back