Have you got your covid vaccine yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb got a call yesterday afternoon from the Safeway pharmacy were she works and told her to get her butt and mine down there to get our second shot. We were scheduled to get our second shot Monday but they said they were going to run out before the weekend. We were there in twenty minuets!
So we are done with that thanks to the folks at the pharmacy taking care of the employees and their family's.

The first shot my arm was sore and my joints ached, this one no side affects at all.

The 2 week waiting period after the 2nd shot expired for me on Friday so I'm good to go now 😄

My wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot on the 12th and she had sore arm and felt like she was coming down with something the next day, and then was fine the day after.

My wife is fully vaccinated and her two weeks will be up on Thursday. All she had was a sore arm after the second Pfizer shot. I'm not eligible age-wise as she is. I tease her that she can now do all the marketing. Seriously, one of my biggest fears has been that I would bring the bug home and get my wife infected. I'm relieved that is no longer a concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got ours through Riverside City, at the Convention Center, not the Riverside County-run site. The ppl that were administering the shots said we needed the second dose within 4 days after the 28-day interval (Moderna) and that we would be automatically scheduled for the second dose. I contacted the organization (Curative.com) only to find that they don't schedule the second dose and they will send an email reminder.

The current thought, according to the vaccine mfg, is that the second dose can be given up to 42 days after the first dose, but the UK is reporting that 2nd dosing is effective even beyond that point and may be even more effective when given later. The second dose is a booster dose, after all. We had Moderna, but Pfizer is saying 72% efficacy after the first dose. Israel is reporting that efficacy is even better than what was proven in the trials. We are blessed.

Got my 2nd Moderna shot this morning. Just feeling kind of tired and maybe a little more fuzzy than usual. Again, the biggest issue was waiting in the line to get it. Since I'm in A-fib, I used a rolling walker with a seat and it was still a challenge. 3 weeks ago, would not have needed anything other than a bottle of water. My wife finally got her first shot yesterday (Pfizer) and is due in mid march for her 2nd. She was hurting last night in her arthritic joints. Sure beats the alternative though! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

We got ours through Riverside City, at the Convention Center, not the Riverside County-run site. The ppl that were administering the shots said we needed the second dose within 4 days after the 28-day interval (Moderna) and that we would be automatically scheduled for the second dose. I contacted the organization (Curative.com) only to find that they don't schedule the second dose and they will send an email reminder.

The current thought, according to the vaccine mfg, is that the second dose can be given up to 42 days after the first dose, but the UK is reporting that 2nd dosing is effective even beyond that point and may be even more effective when given later. The second dose is a booster dose, after all. We had Moderna, but Pfizer is saying 72% efficacy after the first dose. Israel is reporting that efficacy is even better than what was proven in the trials. We are blessed.
Ed:
Amazing how different organizations treat the second Moderna dosing. Today I was at 33 days after weather cancellation last week. Here they say up to 56 days for effective dosing. Important thing is to get it onboard. Also there is two weeks after the 2nd shot before immunity is at maximum efficacy.

Had a good night after my 1st shot yesterday. I'm not sure I'd even recognize any new aches or pains.
Wife gets her first today, same hospital, we're hoping to go the same day and time for our 2nd in mid March.

We scheduled our second dose today (March 3). While the 2nd dose wasn't automatically scheduled after the first dose, the organization (curative.com) offered scheduling specifically for 2nd doses that is not offered publicly, so there isn't as much competition as there was getting appointments for the first dose. In my case I preferred to book 2 appointments for the same time slot for my wife and myself and I was very lucky.

Wife got her 1st shot yesterday, same as mine, Pfizer, and same hospital.
We're booked together for the 2nd one on March 16.
She's had a sore arm since, but nothing major and it's getting better.

I've have deleted a post that was political in nature, in violation of our terms of service, as well as some off-topic replies.

Please keep posts focused on your personal or household experience on getting the vaccine. This is not a general COVID discussion thread. We had some of those in past months and I closed them because the conversation kept getting political, conspiratorial, etc. I apologize for wandering off-topic with some of my own posts, I will try to do better. I don't want to close this thread, but it needs to stay on-track.

Last edited:
My Pfizer shot was Wednesday, without incident. Arm sore yesterday, trouble getting to sleep last night, fine today. Stay tuned-some have trouble with the 2nd and some don't.

Well, I got my first shot on Wednesday. Arm got really sore. Today, Saturday, all is normal. Doc told me the second shot is more potent, and to expect sore arm, headache, tired feeling, and slight fever the day after; worse case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back