Have you got your covid vaccine yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after awhile yesterday as the day went on. Felt a little bit (very minor) soreness in the arm and some extremely slight feeling of "bleh" slight achiness. I took an advil before bed. Just 1. Woke up fine

I'm in the pipeline for my second shot now on February 18th. Originally they had me beyond the threshold on March 17th. Wife still waiting for her age group to become activated (65-69) after teachers.

Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Thurs. Arm was pretty sore around injection site and still is a little sore. By yesterday AM started feeling pretty fatigued and a little achy. Last night I may have had a very low fever. Took a couple ibuprofen before bed and woke up today and am feeling fine.

My wife made her appointment earlier this week and will be getting her 2nd Pfizer shot on Friday.

My mom (83 yrs old) will be getting her 1st moderna shot on March 6 and 2nd shot on April 3. She's with Kaiser and while I was talking with her yesterday, she mentioned that her appointments are on Saturdays and Kaiser is trying to schedule people then since there's less scheduling issues than during the work week with patients who have appointments for other things.

Barb and I will get our second Moderna shot on 2/22. Barb had no reaction to the first shot....go figure. Me like a lot of others sore arm and joint aches and fatigue for a few hours, no big deal.

My wife got her 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. She's feeling fatigued and a bit run down today. I told her I experienced the same thing after getting my 2nd moderna shot and that it will go away within a day or so.

I've got a sore arm today, but not near as sore as the first dose. First dose, pain would wake me up when I rolled over in the night.

I was told to expect to feel bad today, that there would be more side effects on the second dose of Pfizer. I got up in the night for the bathroom and got chills before getting back in bed. But I had no fever. Other than that, so far, its just another day.

Got mine yesterday first shot and like Lynn pretty sore didn't sleep very well kept rolling over on it. I got mine from my Kaiser HMO so it was a nurse. To be honest I felt nothing when they gave me the shot they put the needle down in front of me I asked the nurse if she was done. My 2 daughters are health care workers so they had it a few weeks ago and they warned me I would probably be sore for a day or so as they were also.

I was sore with the flu shot this year also however neither shot made me fill ill no fever or anything. People react different ways though interesting that Lynn said the he was less sore with the 2nd shot as I have heard of people having the opposite reaction not so sore after the first one with the 2nd one making them feel off or whatever you want to call it. My daughter gets her second shot this week will see how she reacts but she is only 23.

Edit: Just wanted to add at least with Kaiser in ATL you already have an appt for the 2nd shot when you leave so no worries there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a very important thread for us older folks or anyone getting the vaccine so I just wanted to update my status that the soreness is starting to go away feel way better from this morning and of course it did not deter me from typing did have to take a bit of a longer nap than usual was off a bit but guessing by tomorrow back to normal. If I was still working it certainly would not of kept me from going to work.

Still no scheduled vaccine shot for us yet, but in other news, I had another scan today.
My single tumor has continued to shrink, The drug I'm on won't cure the cancer, but it can shrink it and keep it from progressing for as long as it keeps working. I'm still feeling pretty darn good.
Left image is when it was found last June, right one is from today, bright spots are the tumor.

1613602287989.png

Still no scheduled vaccine shot for us yet, but in other news, I had another scan today.
My single tumor has continued to shrink, The drug I'm on won't cure the cancer, but it can shrink it and keep it from progressing for as long as it keeps working. I'm still feeling pretty darn good.
Left image is when it was found last June, right one is from today, bright spots are the tumor.

View attachment 22831

Excellent news !

View attachment 22831
That’s great news bud. Truly happy for you.

Got word this afternoon that my 2nd Moderna shot scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed due to delays in the vaccine arriving due to weather in other parts of the country. I happened to be at the computer when the email arrived and was lucky enough to get an appointment next Tuesday (2/23) which will be 34 days instead of the 28 days. Wife to be eligible next week for her first shot here in Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back