Happy Thanksgiving

Nope. No barbecue here this year. No turkey, no prime rib.

Starting with Ree Drummond's/Pioneer Woman's Burgundy mushrooms, will poach a couple of chicken breasts just for the two of us at the end.
Seeing at how many folks have reacted.....

First off, this mushroom recipe is just plain GOOD. Hard to recommend it enough.

I added a thinly sliced shallot this time, and I'll continue to add it. I don't think I could pick it out of the flavors, but I'll bet I'll miss it if I don't add it next time. Chicken....I probably over reduced the liquid a bit. Unfortunately, neither of us could really pick out the rather strong flavors from the mushroom poaching liquid in the chicken. It was nice in that I only used a single pot for both dishes, and that's probably sole reason I do it again is that it's simple if I've already got the mushrooms going.

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!

We have a whole turkey but DH wants to take off everything and freeze them and just cook the breast. Fine with me, I like chicken dark meat, but only the white meat on a turkey. Weird.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention, IF you do this puzzle, when you put in the last piece, make sure the puzzle is up as far as it will go. I won't tell you why. It is a nice surprise. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
My mom said that she’s not comfortable driving to my house any more (she’s 89 now), so Pammi and I cooked a small turkey dinner for the 4 of us and we took it out there
Turkey, dressing, mashed taters, sweet taters, green beans, gravy, crescent rolls and cranberry sauce
Notice the fancy dinnerware!
IMG_3776.jpegIMG_3777.jpeg

Back