Halibut inspired by Cliff Bartlett

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
My "inspired by TVWBB" dinner the other night worked out so well, I decided to keep the theme going. We got some really nice Alaskan halibut fillets today, so I went searching the forums here for ideas. After seeing Cliff post about six or seven times his variations on the butter slathered halibut theme......I decided that I would pay homage to Mr. B!! (....one of his halibut posts HERE.)

Pretty simple cook.....I mixed up some softened butter with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and some Mediterranean'ish rub from Dizzy Pig, and got that slathered on my halibut. I fired up about half a chimney of coals (cooking for one tonight), and while that was getting hot, I seasoned up some broccoli (olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, thyme) and popped it in a 400F oven to roast. Once I had the charcoal and grill grates nice and hot, the fish went on. 4 minutes per side, and off it came (I like these quick fish cooks!!), and I got it plated up with the broccoli and some of the focaccia that I made yesterday (bonus points, as I used my sourdough starter which is a child of Cliff's starter.)

What an excellent and EASY meal! The fish was perfect....tender, flaky, and some good flavor from the compound butter slather! I'll be keeping this one in the arsenal for sure! Thanks for the inspiration Cliff!!!!

Again, not too many pics, but a few to give you the idea......

Buttered up:

1615691898972.jpeg

Just about to come off the grill:

1615691920290.jpeg

On the plate (and none of it lasted very long.....):

1615691940749.jpeg

Rich, red or white or black or blue, your plate looks soooo cool!
Love the Halibut and the sour dough starter focaccia and the butter slather sounds perfect!
Terrific Dinner!!

Wow, what an outstanding cook Rich. Thank you for showcasing one of mine. I am truly flattered. I tell ya, those grill grates are my fish cooking buddies. I'm intrigued with your focaccia also. I've never had it. Will have to fix that.

Wow, what an outstanding cook Rich. Thank you for showcasing one of mine. I am truly flattered. I tell ya, those grill grates are my fish cooking buddies. I'm intrigued with your focaccia also. I've never had it. Will have to fix that.
Thanks for putting yours out there so I could shamelessly copy them, Cliff! :)

The focaccia was pretty true to THIS RECIPE from theperfectloaf.com. I've made it a few times now.....good stuff!

Rich

Back