Had to Have Some Ribs

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been awhile since we had any ribs. Since the fire restrictions starting in May I haven’t been able to use the performer and do Mr. Lampe’s hi heat Baby Backs,

So I decided to do a rack of St. Louis Spares on the Camp Chef.

Used this method

https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/spareribs-3-2-1-method/

I must admit these were really good and having nothing but time it was a fun cook and the CC was spot on at 275 for the whole cook.

Made up some # 5 sauce for the ribs and used my own homemade rub.

Barb made a Southern style potato salad and we called it good.

Some pictures of the cook.

101_5798.JPG

101_5805.JPG\\

101_5809.JPG

101_5811.JPG
That sure smells good Dad!

101_5814.JPG

101_5818.JPG

101_5823.JPG

101_5825.JPG

101_5829.JPG

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Barb, great looking potato salad. Love the bacon touch.

Rich, the ribs look delicious. I can't make out the rub recipe. Is it posted on here somewhere?

Barb, great looking potato salad. Love the bacon touch.

Rich, the ribs look delicious. I can't make out the rub recipe. Is it posted on here somewhere?
Here you go Joan. I'm going to post it in recipes also.
I made this simple recipe up about twenty years ago because back in the day all the commercial rubs I tried would just over power the taste of the pork or were so spicy your taste buds went on strike. Been using it ever since and for our tastes haven't found anything better for us.
If your looking for an OMG experience this isn't it but if you want something that will enhance the flavor of the pork IMHO it works very well.

A very simple rub that doesn’t over power the taste of the pork

Rich’s Simple Baby Back Rub

¾ cup packed golden brown sugar

¼ cup Paprika (I use two Tbs. of regular and 2Tbs. of smoked)

2 ½ TBLS Course salt

2 ½ TBLS Ground black pepper

1 TBLS Onion powder

½ tsp Cayenne pepper

Thanks to all of you for your nice comments. It's been a rough couple of months but things are better now and everything is starting to settle down thanks to Barbs hard work.
Now it's payback time for me to Barb... Just don't call when I'm doing laundry or vacuuming as I probably wont here the phone ring.:unsure:

Just picked up two St. Louis style racks yesterday, I just kept thinking about this post, I will be making them this weekend.

Back