Grilling over charcoal is objectively, scientifically better than grilling over gas

It's not the only one. There is Minnesota, WI, MI, (especially the YouP) IA has their share. We've had record rain and standing water everywhere. So they're breeding like mad

We've had record rain here in Missouri too. But so far the mosquitoes haven't been bad at all at our place. I hope that continues to hold.

This spring I made a conscious effort to get rid of any issues with standing water. Like replacing my old worn out unlevel gutters. So far it's working. We've just seen a stray mosquito here and there.

If you were in the Midwest and you have a lot of standing water, just give it time. Things will start getting real bad in a couple weeks here.

I have a service in the ATL we like others had abnormal rain for months. It ain't cheap took 3 treatments in the last 60 days to get them under control but now not getting eaten alive anymore. It still continues once a month for the summer if you stop they come back but well worth it to me, got a pool in the backyard can sit out there no worries.

Having two smokers, five gas grills, three charcoal grills all of them are Weber's. I choose the one that will meet my expectations with what I want the end product to be and how long the cook will be. A simple steak I will go with gas for the convenience as I really can't detect any flavor difference. Chicken I'll use the performer or the Jumbo Joe with a vortex as they always produces a better chicken than any of the gassers. For the most part I can't see firing up a charcoal grill for a five minute cook. A brisket on the other hand which takes long hours the WSM to get that nice low and slow smoky flavor.
I just got a rotisserie for my E320 I have one for my gen 2000 but the E320 is NG so no worries about running out of gas.
The debate will go on forever, I just like having the choice.

Well said and this is exactly right. You can drive '67 Camaro or a 2019 Corolla Hybrid. I would prefer to commute in the Corolla and cruise in the Camaro. Both cars are fantastic and neither of them "suck". People get hung up with PC vs Mac, Android vs iPhone, Hybrid vs Diesel. The emotionally intelligent one, like Mr. Dahl, can recognize that everything has it's strengths and weaknesses. There is a correct tool for every job. Today (lazy Saturday) I will be busting out the WSM for some Dino beef ribs, rolling smoke for 4 hrs, and then finishing them in the oven (gasp) wrapped in foil. On Monday night (after a busy work day) I will be doing boneless skinless marinated chicken thighs for 8 minutes on each side on my Genny. Both dinners will be good and I will have used (IMHO) the correct tool for the job.

Now with that said if I wanted to impress the ladies I would drive the Camaro and smoke the meat. Just sayin.... ;)

Bruce,
That’s true as well, but there is room in every yard for just one more Weber:D. Like your old signature line about different guns for different purposes:eek:.

Back