GRILLIN' In GREEN BAY: The P1Gvilion Goes On The Road!

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'll be attempting a grilling demonstration in Green Bay (Howard), Wisconsin this Saturday, the 4th of June at Kimp's Ace Hardware on Glendale Avenue.

I'll be rolling down the road solo on this adventure. Unfortunately, my wife Liz, can not accompany me...

But if you're not too busy and in the area, stop by and BUY ANOTHER WEBER GRILL!

Jim,

I'm proud to have you as our goodwill ambassador for TVWBB! I'm looking forward to the photos of the event.

Have you ever explained the meaning of the 1 in P1Gvilion? Is it because your cooking is #1? Weber is #1? All the above? :D

Good luck with your demo at Ace Hardware, enjoy yourself!

You're the perfect guy to do that Jim. Would love to be there to see you in action, but it is a bit of a drive from here.:rolleyes:

Thanks guysJim I'm not sure if I can fly a flag there...
And I'm not sure if I'm going to have any photos of me doing anything there because I am going alone and well, I guess I could get my cousin, the manager of the store, to snap a few photos using my phone camera.

Chris the meaning of the 1 in P1Gvilion is simply a take off from the new B1G (Big Ten) logo.
And really nothing more than that.

At this time the menu may consist of baby back ribs and chicken wings...
I'm told there is also going to be another guy there smoking some pork butt using something that is called a Greek egg???
;)
However I was also told, the pork butts are not for samples to the customers, he is simply cooking them then taking them home for a graduation party the following day.

Life is a little different up north Wisconsin.

if i get more updates on this thing, i'll let you know.

and Chris, Thank You for the cards you sent me, greatly appreciated! :coolkettle:

What are the odds on Jim and his Webers out cooking a guy on a greek egg? :confused:

Nice gig Jim!

What are the odds on Jim and his Webers out cooking a guy on a greek egg? :confused:

Nice gig Jim!
John, if you're free saturday, bring it up to Raymond early am (leaving here at 630am, i'll drive) and you can join in the fun!

Jim, if I was in-state I would consider it. You're about a 7 hour drive away from me. I know you'll do us proud!

Well, it was OK ...
I did six racks of baby back in the new Summit charcoal Grill
the weather wasn't the greatest
There was a steady drizzle for a while
And the local high school in the city of Howard has graduation tomorrow ...
so it seems everyone was more concerned about that
I was told it was a very slow day at the hardware store

But the six racks of baby back that I grilled or smoked were devoured
As were the 120 chicken wings .
( if my typing or my words come out weird it's because I am speaking these words and my phone is doing all the typing for me )

Everyone who sampled the ribs said they were really good the best ribs they've had
they wanted to know how I made them how long it took and the sauce that I used
I used no sauce
However I did season the ribs with Oakridge barbecue Santa Maria steak seasoning
Everyone seemed to love that

The wings were also a hit
two people did ask for the recipe ( there isn't one )

I did not return home with a Nother grill

If a question arises Would I do it again ?
Maybe
But probably not

It was great seeing my cousins again after 10 years or so
But standing in front of a smoker for four hours is not my idea of fun
Especially without a beer in my hand

@ Jim Lampe
"if my typing or my words come out weird it's because I am speaking these words and my phone is doing all the typing for me"

This had to be a typo, or is that a voice-o? :)
"Especially without a beer in my hand"

Sounds like you did Ace, Weber, and yourself proud Jim!

thanks Bob ;)
i "typed" those words last night sitting fireside in the yard with a bottle next to my chair.

feeling better, wise guy? :p

Yeah I can only remember two times I've BBQed without a drink handy and both times were on a road trip. Sounds like a good time though.

Back