Grilled ham steaks

Oh man that looks good. This was a common (and one of my favorite) dinner from my childhood, grilled ham steak marinaded in brown sugar and orange juice. I have never cooked ham steaks as an adult, but your brings back so many good memories, I may have to change that. Amazing cook Dwain!

Oh man that looks good. This was a common (and one of my favorite) dinner from my childhood, grilled ham steak marinaded in brown sugar and orange juice. I have never cooked ham steaks as an adult, but your brings back so many good memories, I may have to change that. Amazing cook Dwain!
I normally use orange juice with brown sugar and butter but i had all that pineapple juice which would be a shame to waste …so i used it insted of the OJ. The Bourbon was a glug or two of Maker’s Mark.

Looks GREAT @Dwain Pannell
store has them on sale NOW but i need specifics!
How did you do these???
There’s no real recipe. I make a glaze w/ butter, sugar, juice, and bourbon. I used can pineapple so drained the juice in a saucepan with a dollop of butter and about the same brown sugar a cpl glugs of bourbon. Boil that down until it coats a spoon.

The only tip on grilling the steaks is to cook indirect on each side with the pineapple on board, then place the pineapple under the steaks to get some grill marks for a few minutes. Spoon some glaze on each side and serve.

Back