Grilled Fried Chicken

Ted N

TVWBB Member
Oh yes! I read a thread last week on this board regarding making fried chicken on a grill. I was going to do it over fire, but I was late from work so I thought I'd try it on the Weber gas. My god, it was good. I can't believe how close it was to deep fried. Moist chicken, crispy skin, the works. I'm really pleased that I saw this idea on here. The skin was a little too dark in a few areas; I'd have to watch it closer next time if I cared.

5oi1x5.jpg
[/IMG]

r04j1k.jpg
[/IMG]

Nothing wrong with that skin, Ted! I'd eat that every day and twice on Sunday! Nice cook!

R

Thanks guys. Like I said, I was real pleased with how it worked out. I made my own batter using an egg, some water, salt and brown sugar mixed up. Then I dredged it in flour with a paprika, pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, celery salt, oregano, sage, allspice, and chipotle powder. I Put it on the grill and after 5 minutes or so, once the flour had kinda set up, I squirted it with grapeseed oil in an pump aerosol just enough to wet the flour, flipped it and squirted the other side. I did this once more approximately half way through the cook. It doesn't take much oil, so I'd caution against applying too much.

Looks great Ted, Barb and I do FFC (fake fried chicken) quite often and it's really good. Barb has a few different versions all of which are good. Although I think I'll steal your too.

Back