Grill of a Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received information on Twitter that the "Grill of a Lifetime" is coming out on April 6th. Does anyone have a clue what this is? The suspense is killing me.

Just looking at it from a business point of view.
Weber dominates the mid to higher end gas grill market.
They also dominate the charcoal grill market but price point is much lower .
They have no entry in the high end charcoal grill market , mainly ceramic kamodo's
It's a big market , that the well to do casual outdoor cooker has a Green Egg as a status symbol
Summit charcoal grill carries the con nation of highest end of Weber line.
I'm guessing a metal insulated kamodo with ? Gas assist ? In the $500-$750 price range.

He said in a later post that it is a pellet burner. Who knows if it's correct.

i have to say the email got my attention. I hope it's something good and not just wasted hype.

I saw a post on FaceBook today that showed the box on the right side of the grill in the teaser that's out and speculated that it is a pellet grill. However, our local BBQ store posted that they can say that it IS NOT a pellet grill.
The lid sure looks like a Kamado style

Would you guys buy a 22 WSM or wait to see what this thing is?
Be nice if it was a waterless smoker.
Any thoughts.

I'd buy the WSM, I've got 2 kettles already, they would really have to go some to improve on what they have already designed.
I mentioned my outlook on the "new and improved" models of anything generally being neither.
To be honest what I said was "The addition of Jimcracks and geegaws do not improvements make."
I hold that to be more often true than not.
Just a skeptic.

I'd buy the WSM, I've got 2 kettles already, they would really have to go some to improve on what they have already designed.
I mentioned my outlook on the "new and improved" models of anything generally being neither.
To be honest what I said was "The addition of Jimcracks and geegaws do not improvements make."
I hold that to be more often true than not.
Just a skeptic.

Thing is, this supposedly isn't a "new and improved" model, but rather, a completely new product. It's kind of like when Weber first introduced the Genesis Gasser.

weber_grill_1952.png

If only... :)

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back