Grill brushes

I frequent Home Depot more than Menards just due to it being closer. I do actually prefer Menards and will only go there for most of my lumber needs, way better quality.

I always used to use the Weber brushes but felt they were not as robust as they used to be. After a bit of research online I came across these and have been more than happy with the one that I bought.

Kone 360 grill brush​

Anyone have experience with FoodAid grill brushes…Not sure how they would hold up to high temps…https://www.foodaidproducts.com/?SID=2c5e89057310432ae54232759d271bc0
I use this one and another made of the same material.
Unicook Grill Brush for Gas Grill, Heavy Duty Nylon BBQ Grill Cleaning Brush, Removable Head for Easy Cleaning and Replacement, Best Alternative to Dangerous Wire Brush, Do Not Use on Hot/Warm Surface https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NHM6PS/?tag=tvwb-20

Correct, cold grill only. Works just fine. I also use those stainless continuous filament coil brushes.

Thanks guys re: Menards. It is my go-to as well. I should have looked more closely as I was just there on Friday. I looked in the grill brush aisle actually and all I saw were a bunch with those blue plastic bristles but I obviously missed these brass and stainless ones. Will go grab one next time I am there. Brass vs stainless which is best? I guess brass is softer so maybe a little more forgiving on my cast iron but if I got stainless rods then definitely stainless brush?

I like the brass Libman. Though partially by default since I have never seen the SS ones at Menards

Thanks guys re: Menards. It is my go-to as well. I should have looked more closely as I was just there on Friday. I looked in the grill brush aisle actually and all I saw were a bunch with those blue plastic bristles but I obviously missed these brass and stainless ones. Will go grab one next time I am there. Brass vs stainless which is best? I guess brass is softer so maybe a little more forgiving on my cast iron but if I got stainless rods then definitely stainless brush?
I find the SS and brass Libmans in the cleaning aisle next to the brooms and mops.

I use this one and another made of the same material.
Unicook Grill Brush for Gas Grill, Heavy Duty Nylon BBQ Grill Cleaning Brush, Removable Head for Easy Cleaning and Replacement, Best Alternative to Dangerous Wire Brush, Do Not Use on Hot/Warm Surface https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NHM6PS/?tag=tvwb-20

Correct, cold grill only. Works just fine. I also use those stainless continuous filament coil brushes.
I didn't realize anyone made a competing brush against the Char-Broil Cool Clean unit. The reviewers who shared pics is amusing.

On my stainless steel grates, I've used brushes similar to this:
brush.JPG
in the past. I always wiped the grates with a paper towel dipped in some type of cooking oil prior to putting the food on.
While I've never found a piece of wire in my food, I have found small pieces of wire at the bottom of the grill when cleaning it out.
I have since gone to the wrapped wire type of brush, but I still wipe the grates just to be sure.
I've already mentioned the brass Libman I use on my porcelain-coated CI grates. I wipe them before cooking as well.

I find the SS and brass Libmans in the cleaning aisle next to the brooms and mops.

So can I get away with the Stainless version for my cast iron grates? I guess worst case if it is too aggressive and hastens their demise then it will give me an excuse to buy stainless bar grates haha

So can I get away with the Stainless version for my cast iron grates? I guess worst case if it is too aggressive and hastens their demise then it will give me an excuse to buy stainless bar grates haha
I don't think it matters that much. When I first got my WSM I bought a brass one because of the lower temps which made it easier to clean.
On my OTG I liked the SS version because of the burnt on crud.
Either will work.

Back