Grill brushes

THANKS for the steer on Menards and specifically for the stainless ones. I was there today. Kinda dumb on their part that they put the stainless ones over with all the brooms and mops and buckets, and don't have any of them with the grill brushes! They have lots of the blue plastic ones. They also had a box of the Libman brass ones over in the grill brush aisle.

The weird thing is the Stainless one is $1 cheaper than the Brass one....I guess the Brass one has a metal scraper while the stainless doesn't, but I don't even like those metal scrapers. So $7.99 or less if you can take advantage of the 11% rebate. (I always just build up the 11% receipts and mail in all at once)

Chris: Make sure the one you have is actually being sold as a "GRILL" brush. If not, it may not be made in a way that prevents bristles from dropping.

Chris: Make sure the one you have is actually being sold as a "GRILL" brush. If not, it may not be made in a way that prevents bristles from dropping.

It is this one

the description seems to be what we want

• Extra-long handle allows for safely cleaning a hot surface
  • 3/4" stainless steel fibers remove char and grit from the grill
  • Quality design that does not lose any metal fibers
  • Polypropylene scraper removes stuck on debris
  • Hanger hole for easy storage

I used it tonight, about 1 hr ago. It has a "stronger" feel than my old brass one which I guess makes sense as the stainless is stiffer. I will say that the plastic build felt a little weird when I would bump up against the sides of the firebox as I worried it would melt. But otherwise it worked well.

IDK what that plastic is they use to make them. But, I'll tell ya it's pretty darn strong and hard to melt. I get my grill screamin hot and it's not unusual for me to rub the plastic on the grates while scraping heavy junk off. Have not really done any damage to it

Well, after melting my Weber brush in my Q200, I have succumbed to Larry's sales pitch and picked up a Libman SS grill brush.

20230415_170649x.jpg

They have a long handle version at Menards as well Larry. I prefer the shorter brush.
I have only seen the long ones, and honestly at my Menards only the brass ones. Which I am fine with as I can use them on anything. Though if I can find a short SS one I may grab one to use strictly on burners

Go get one Larry:

Oh, they are in the Household mops and buckets and stuff section.

Last edited:
The rain tonight should knock some of that down for you.
Hopefully. I'm tellin ya. Every spring to some degree or another (depending how fast and to what length) we get warm weather like this and how quickly and forcefully the trees bud out and pollinate. Just wipes me out. Worse than even Covid which I have had a couple times. Though quite honestly all I could say about that was "that all you got?" But spring allergies? They say "hold my beer". Hell I am not even gonna grill tonight! Now THAT is how awful I feel. Wife is getting Culver's

Back