Green with envy

Very nice Case. Been looking at used Qs for things like a quick burger our such, but prices are nuts around here.

Very nice Case. Been looking at used Qs for things like a quick burger our such, but prices are nuts around here.
Yeah I bit the bullet and bought new. Only seen two the last couple of years and they were so crudded up with other peoples sloppy cooking I didn’t want to deal with them.
Plus it’s green, had to have green, lol!

I bought the same color q1200 new last year for the same reason. Used prices are stupid high and most used ones are the q1xx's in the ugly titanium color. Spray paint up here is also expensive, so it wasn't worth cleaning/repainting a used one either.

Yeah I bit the bullet and bought new. Only seen two the last couple of years and they were so crudded up with other peoples sloppy cooking I didn’t want to deal with them.
Plus it’s green, had to have green, lol!
Seeing it's green how about the swamp Q

I have passed on several Q grills the last couple of years that had reasonable prices if I wanted to keep them. But to buy them and rehab them is usually just not cost effective, especially if you have to replace grates which is common on used ones. I do have two or three Q2xx grills, two Q3xx grills and a couple Q1xx grills. I use one of the Q2xx grills regular and my SIL is using one of the Q3xx grills. I have a Q1xx in my camper. The others are in various stages of needing attention. I have a hard time not grabbing them when I see them, but I cannot justify any more personal ones and can't find the time to rehab them.
If you are not worried about cleaning them down to the bare aluminum, you should be able to find one and replace the grates for half the price of new.

Stand showed up today. Honestly I’m not super impressed. It’s pretty low and really on the flimsy side. Think Weber would do better. Wiggles back and forth and seems unstable. Hmmm. Guess I’ll see how it goes.
187EDCD6-A439-439D-8147-7B1EC7FB470D.jpeg

Yah, those portable stands are not real sturdy. They make a non foldable one for the Q200 just like the one that comes with the Q300. Those are much sturdier, but they don't fold up. Unless you come up with some custom cart for the Q1xx grills, you are pretty much stuck with that style.

Yah, those portable stands are not real sturdy. They make a non foldable one for the Q200 just like the one that comes with the Q300. Those are much sturdier, but they don't fold up. Unless you come up with some custom cart for the Q1xx grills, you are pretty much stuck with that style.
I wanted the fold up since this will be used for camping too. It will work for now but honestly it’s just as rickety as the camp table I use now and that table was a third the price of the Weber stand .

Case: If you use it regularly at home between camping trips, I would suggest a sturdier stand. Just leave the fold up cart in the camper. I built a shelf on the outside of my deck railing for my Q200. Much sturdier and takes up no deck space, any drippings or crud from the grill don't fall on the deck and probably best of all, it is much higher and convenient to use at that height.

Case: If you use it regularly at home between camping trips, I would suggest a sturdier stand. Just leave the fold up cart in the camper. I built a shelf on the outside of my deck railing for my Q200. Much sturdier and takes up no deck space, any drippings or crud from the grill don't fall on the deck and probably best of all, it is much higher and convenient to use at that height.
My 26 year old deck railing wouldn’t be a good option for mounting anything too!
I read a bunch of reviews and they were all good. Obviously people who have never bbq’d before.

Case, the cart on my 2010 Q220 roadside rescue is just as rickety, so I don't think that solid and stable were in the design requirements for these folding carts.

I read a bunch of reviews and they were all good. Obviously people who have never bbq’d before.
....the cart works fine if you never try to move it anywhere, don't use a grill brush, and just dispose of the grill once it's "dirty". :)

R

My 26 year old deck railing wouldn’t be a good option for mounting anything too!
Yah, I would guess a lot (not all) of the people buying the Q grills are not heavy grillers. They just want a simple effective grill and the Q fits that bill.

Yah, I would guess a lot (not all) of the people buying the Q grills are not heavy grillers. They just want a simple effective grill and the Q fits that bill.
I’m looking forward to firing it up and cooking something. Hopefully I’m the heat control is better than my other one. It has two temps Lava and surface of the moon!

Was your other grill a Q grill?
No Smoke Hollow. Before that I had a Weber go anywhere propane. The go anywhere lasted 20 years but finally gave up the ghost while on a trip. The smoke hollow was the replacement only because
it was what was available. It’s a good grill just no low temps! Have to have the lid open and really tend to what you’re cooking all the time. No time for beer!
377F2055-5A60-44C7-BEA1-3E4C45E9A58D.jpeg281283E4-44ED-42DF-828F-92873532597A.jpeg

Back