Green Genesis 1000LX Build

I just replied to Bruce the same thing before reading this aahahaa
I definitely agree with you Danny. I want to try some different things that aren't going to ruin it or take anything away from it. All these slat tables are interchangeable on these barbecues and I can always switch them over to a different one if I want at any time.

Josh, I am toying (that usually converts quickly to planning) with adding slide bars on both sides and an extra table on the right to my virtually unused 1000 base model. I can remove this hardware from another 1000 which I will sell. I like having that extra table, even if it is only used to hold a cocktail glass.....
My machine is a 1999 model, and came with a clip support.
FWIW, when I pulled the caster supports out on mine to put drain holes in them, I did see some dry rust flakes in one leg. So, even though it was garage kept for its prior life, somehow moisture got in and stayed there. The inserts now have holes, and their installation was accompanied by a liberal spray of rust preventative....

Josh, it sounds like you are in trouble. When your wife not only puts up with a grill collection hobby, but encourages it and promotes it, things could get out of hand really quick.
Could get out of hand? I think we might already be there lol

Married women were thought to be immune from Weberitis. This could be a first where it has jumped into the married female population. If she comes home with a curb alert in the trunk of her Toyota Corolla, then we could be seeing a pandemic in the making and vaccine makers should probably be notified to ramp up efforts.

Josh, I am toying (that usually converts quickly to planning) with adding slide bars on both sides and an extra table on the right to my virtually unused 1000 base model. I can remove this hardware from another 1000 which I will sell. I like having that extra table, even if it is only used to hold a cocktail glass.....
My machine is a 1999 model, and came with a clip support.
FWIW, when I pulled the caster supports out on mine to put drain holes in them, I did see some dry rust flakes in one leg. So, even though it was garage kept for its prior life, somehow moisture got in and stayed there. The inserts now have holes, and their installation was accompanied by a liberal spray of rust preventative....
Thank you for the great advice Hank! I definitely want to do my best to preserve this grill for the Long haul whether I end up using it everyday for the rest of my life or not. Either way I'm never getting rid of it. I'm going to keep my extra NG manifold in case I ever need to switch this Grill over. When I retired to my place in Arizona that place is set up for natural gas and I will definitely be taking this Grill with me.

Special thanks to Steve for supplying me with a right side flip table slide assembly. As far as I can tell those are extremely hard to come by.

20240710_071808~2.jpg

Last edited:
Married women were thought to be immune from Weberitis. This could be a first where it has jumped into the married female population. If she comes home with a curb alert in the trunk of her Toyota Corolla, then we could be seeing a pandemic in the making and vaccine makers should probably be notified to ramp up efforts.

At times I think the progress, severity and intensity of my condition is a direct result of my wife's distaste for it...

At times I think the progress, severity and intensity of my condition is a direct result of my wife's distaste for it...
If there is a way you can involve her in at least part of the process in a way that she enjoys. That would definitely help. I know this isn't always a possibility but it's something to think about.

They are out there Josh. I wish you luck. Half the fun is the hunt.
I have my eye on a few but they are out of range for now. The hardest part is that there are a couple of them near my AZ. Home but I need them in WA. Also a couple in Oregon but just out of range for now.

You can drive to Jons in Indiana and grab his entire museum while you are at it.
[/QUOTE]

My own collection is building fast than I know what to do with! I had an order in with Jon but ended up finding everything on my own. Except the factory stickers so those are still on the way.
If I could retire today I would definitely be plenty busy.

Thank you Mark! Also thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see your 2000 all finished. I bet it looks so very nice!!

After getting this grill home i have to say as excited as I am and have been to do some different types of custom wood on these old Webers this one looked damn good to me with the grey durawood in its original factory configuration. I see nothing wrong with it as is. I'm still going to use the wood I have ordered mounted in separate Z metal. I'll try it on there and decide if I want to keep it on there or not.

Those rubber mats you linked are genius. What a great way to protect the slats when in use. I'm also going to use a heavy duty marine grade boat varnish on my new wood slats. My wife had me order extra wood and wants me to make butcher block serving trays that match. I'll have to finish those with a food safe finish.

If you don't mind me asking how much was a full Set of Z metal from RCplanebuyer for your 2000? I know you went over the top with that build and you bought it new and used it all these years! So cool! I am really looking forward to seeing your finished product and hearing all about it!
I got Z-metals for top shelves and the bottom shelf and were cheap, I will check email. I even got the swing table rod brackets in ss and flavor bars in one heavy package.

Biggest thing is contact him via Craigslist and then communicate via email directly on bundling all the parts in 1 flat rate shipping box.

Back