Got a Crimson colored Performer!

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Lately lots of grills have been popping up for sale on Facebook Marketplace. Yesterday morning I was all set to purchase a brand new black colored Performer Premium for $150. The Premium is the non-gas assist version. I checked FB one last time just in case other options were available. And what do I find?! A Crimson new gen for sale, the Deluxe model with gas assist. It's an AH serial number, so it's the first year of the current generation Performer. Though the side table isn't SS, it is a nice metal table and it has the gourmet grate. Plus it sits much taller than the older gen, which is better for me being 6'2". Lid and bowl in excellent condition, no dings or rust spots.

20200306_185138.jpg

It came with a Weber cover that's about a year old, a searing grate, 4 small bottles of propane, charcoal bins, two bags of wood chunks and a new bag of Cowboy lump charcoal. I bought it from an elderly couple. They said they enjoyed the grill, but had to buy a gasser because lifting the charcoal bag was getting too difficult.

I already have a SS Performer, but it's black and I've always wanted a kettle in any color other than black or green. I'm cleaning up my SS and selling it. Hoping to sell it and recoup most of the $150 I spent on this one. Going to fire it up tomorrow, can't wait!

Nice find. Some people have all the luck.
The deals are out there, you just have to keep looking and looking on Facebook, Craigslist, OfferUp, and LetGo. I think I'm all set now. I started by overpaying for a rusty E-310. Then found a very nice S-310 for free. Also got great deals on a couple Qs that I'm going to paint and flip.
Key is either being the first person to message the seller or the first to be able to go get it with cash.

If that’s the one that was in.Canton, I was considering it myself. Saw it this past Wednesday. Didn’t think about offering $150 or I might have yet ANOTHER Performer that I don’t need. :rolleyes:

If that’s the one that was in.Canton, I was considering it myself. Saw it this past Wednesday. Didn’t think about offering $150 or I might have yet ANOTHER Performer that I don’t need. :rolleyes:
That's the one. Most people are willing to go down in price, but I usually don't talk about price until I'm at the person's house.

There was actually a copper one listed on Thursday in Marietta, but it was the one with the plastic top. He wanted $100 for it, so I'm sure it sold quickly

Kyle, I believe that color is brick red. I have the same exact performer including the metal table.
It doesn't say what color my grill is on Weber.com but it does say my replacement lid is 65149 and it mentions crimson in the description. Brick red or crimson, either way I like the color! Happy to have something other than black, but I will miss my SS....cooked a lot of good food on that one.

Got done cleaning up my old grill and just listed it out on Facebook Marketplace. I listed it for $150. Have no idea if I'll get that much. It seems like I see some SS ones popup around the $100 range quite often and I think I cleaned mine up a little better than most. I also replaced some bolts and casters and small things like that.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

It seems like I see some SS ones popup around the $100 range quite often and I think I cleaned mine up a little better than most. I also replaced some bolts and casters and small things like that.
Yours is a few steps higher than many I see listed. It's worth 150 and if you have patience it will bring that. If you're just trying to move it then take the first reasonable offer someone throws. Just be ready for the flood of low-ball offers that are going to come in.

While I was getting my old grill cleaned up I tested the igniter and it still works first time, every time.
On my newer performer, today I go to fire it up... press the shiny chrome igniter button, it clicks clicks clicks like its trying to ignite, but no flame. I stick a long lighter down there and boom the propane flames up.

What are some things I should check for? I know the battery is good. It sounds like it’s trying to ignite since I’m hearing the clicking (sounds just like my Genesis igniter)

Also thought I'd mention... I listed my old grill yesterday afternoon on FB and have gotten no messages about it. And when I go to the listing it says I've gotten "1 view". Surely that can't be correct. Seems odd, I know I listed it at $150, but thought it would have some action by now. Maybe no one will want it and I can talk the wife into letting me keep it?!

While I was getting my old grill cleaned up I tested the igniter and it still works first time, every time.
On my newer performer, today I go to fire it up... press the shiny chrome igniter button, it clicks clicks clicks like its trying to ignite, but no flame. I stick a long lighter down there and boom the propane flames up.

What are some things I should check for? I know the battery is good. It sounds like it’s trying to ignite since I’m hearing the clicking (sounds just like my Genesis igniter)

So this happened to me on my performer too. Still clicked but wouldn't actually light. I replaced the battery on a lark even though I figured that since it was clicking it meant it wasn't the battery. I figured I'd try that before I started buying replacement parts. Sure enough the new battery started it right up. So, you might try a new battery, just in case.

Also thought I'd mention... I listed my old grill yesterday afternoon on FB and have gotten no messages about it. And when I go to the listing it says I've gotten "1 view". Surely that can't be correct. Seems odd, I know I listed it at $150, but thought it would have some action by now. Maybe no one will want it and I can talk the wife into letting me keep it?!

I would not sell that SSP for less than $200. I have the identical grill,
albeit with better grates, and it will bring $225 to $250. I would also
highly recommend you add the red kettle to the Weber badge for
added POP!

Back