Got a Crimson colored Performer!

You might notice my SS black one has a different lid. Well yesterday morning a new style Performer popped up on FB for $95. I jumped on it quick. It was very dirty, the one touch cleaning blades were rusted stiff, but the lid and bowl in good not great shape. Better than my old bowl and lid.

Bought the one for $95. Disassembled it, cleaned it very well. Swapped my bowl, lid, grates, ash catcher, etc..for the ones from the $95 newer grill. Easy peasy. Listed the now cleaned up $95 one for $150. Got bunch of interest and guy just picked it up gave me full asking price, I showed him everything and he was fine with it.

So now I've got the SS black one with a newer bowl and lid, GBS grates, ash catcher..., just need to install new cleaning blades and I'm good to go!

And I did all this before the wife got home a few minutes ago 😎

You might notice my SS black one has a different lid. Well yesterday morning a new style Performer popped up on FB for $95. I jumped on it quick. It was very dirty, the one touch cleaning blades were rusted stiff, but the lid and bowl in good not great shape. Better than my old bowl and lid.

Bought the one for $95. Disassembled it, cleaned it very well. Swapped my bowl, lid, grates, ash catcher, etc..for the ones from the $95 newer grill. Easy peasy. Listed the now cleaned up $95 one for $150. Got bunch of interest and guy just picked it up gave me full asking price, I showed him everything and he was fine with it.

So now I've got the SS black one with a newer bowl and lid, GBS grates, ash catcher..., just need to install new cleaning blades and I'm good to go!

And I did all this before the wife got home a few minutes ago 😎
You should tell her you just made $55 by upgrading your grill. :p

That crimson color with the wood handles looks amazing. I looked at a crimson color one in ACE hardware not too long ago and it didn't look like the same color as these. It was a darker almost plum color maroon. Is that one made specifically for ACE?

Not sure. It might just be a mix of the lighting and the fact that mine is a few years old. I think Crimson is the only red-ish color they off in the Performer the past few years.

I swapped over my Crimson to the SSP frame. Didn't really clean it up much for pictures since it'll get dirty the next time I cook on it.
I put the lime green on on the new gen frame this one used to be on.

IMG_20200622_172024(1).jpgIMG_20200622_172015(1).jpgIMG_20200622_172006(1).jpg

And to think just this past November all I used to have was a black SSP with holes worn in the bowl and an old Q200.

My small tank is in garage waiting to be refilled.

I swapped over my Crimson to the SSP frame. Didn't really clean it up much for pictures since it'll get dirty the next time I cook on it.
I put the lime green on on the new gen frame this one used to be on.

View attachment 7703View attachment 7704View attachment 7705

And to think just this past November all I used to have was a black SSP with holes worn in the bowl and an old Q200.

My small tank is in garage waiting to be refilled.

That was a good move. She's beautiful

That was a good move. She's beautiful
Thanks. I'm going to put bigger tires on it whenever I have time to work on it again. The SS frame is my favorite. It's so solid, but I just really don't like how low it is. Plus I somehow keep breaking the little front casters and I rarely move it around.

Wow. I had no idea that the SS Performer was so low. One of the reasons my 3rd gen Performer is the workhorse is because of the cooking height.

Back