Get Shorty.

Thank God you had a delicious platter of food! Such a terrible way for a match to end! A no score game ending up choosing the winner through penalties?
(I’ve got the inside skinny on this one) take two aspirin and a large glass of water and go back to bed for another hour or two..

Ugh! That's what I'm talking about. Those look fantastic Tony! Problem is can't find them here at all.

I never removed the bone-side membrane. Just scored it cross-hatch and just pierced it between and along the bones. I find removing that membrane a major pain! It tasted no different from other cooks when I've removed said membrane.
No more messing with membranes for me!

I never removed the bone-side membrane. Just scored it cross-hatch and just pierced it between and along the bones. I find removing that membrane a major pain! It tasted no different from other cooks when I've removed said membrane.
No more messing with membranes for me!
Great looking ribs.
Smart move not removing the membrane, as they can come apart without it

So, on pork ribs leave it on or take it off, I’ve left them on beef but not pork, am I simply making more work for myself? Heaven Forbid!
From what I've read on various forums it's a personal choice. A lot people say they cannot tell any discernible difference. Some say it retains more juices, others say it stops smoke penetration. Scoring the membrane appears to be quite popular alternative to allow smoke penetration and not having to mess about removing it, and helps keep the meat attached to the bones if cooking fall-off-the-bone.

From what I've read on various forums it's a personal choice. A lot people say they cannot tell any discernible difference. Some say it retains more juices, others say it stops smoke penetration. Scoring the membrane appears to be quite popular alternative to allow smoke penetration and not having to mess about removing it, and helps keep the meat attached to the bones if cooking fall-off-the-bone.
Okey Dokey, I think the removal on beef sounds like misery, pork, not so much, I’ll score the next porkies and see if my booze charged mouth can tell.
Beef shorties seem to have REALLY thick membrane which adheres the meat side a bit to the bone.
Dang, I love food!

Back