Genesis Platinum C

I think Bruce also had a link for new aftermarket casters that looked identical and were half the price of the Weber version

I put them on one of my grills and they were a little shorter and the grill wasn't level. I added a couple of washers to even it out.

I'm not sure I can blame the casters. I think it was a mongrel frankengrill that I adopted that was a bit out of kilter to start with.

You know, I already bought a set of those. When I was planning on fixing up the LX-1000, now part of my buddy's hybrid (Summit-1000). So I'll throw 'em on my Platinum.

Does anyone have a photo of a Platinum with the BroilKing wheels?

You know, I already bought a set of those. When I was planning on fixing up the LX-1000, now part of my buddy's hybrid (Summit-1000). So I'll throw 'em on my Platinum.

Does anyone have a photo of a Platinum with the BroilKing wheels?

It’s a Summit, but the look against the stainless backdrop is about the same. @Bill Pudim has before and after pictures if you swipe through them.

Roy,
Did you bleach those control knobs. If so can you show a better pic. Also what is the process of how you did it?

I put them on one of my grills and they were a little shorter and the grill wasn't level. I added a couple of washers to even it out.

I'm not sure I can blame the casters. I think it was a mongrel frankengrill that I adopted that was a bit out of kilter to start with.
Yeah, could have been the grill. At least you were smart enough to come up with a fix and they were still cheaper than the Weber version.

Roy,
Did you bleach those control knobs. If so can you show a better pic. Also what is the process of how you did it?
I have bleached the knobs. Pretty sure before the last photos. Still thinking I'll dye them black. The end caps too if I can find a large enough pot.

Getting closer and closer. Still needs some cleaning of the side tables. Might need advice on how to get them clean. Perhaps if I had a big enough container to immerse them in bleach for an hour or so.

Today, I changed out all four wheels. The small ones are new and they lock, which is a nice feature. Had no problem pulling off the large wheels. Started with application of a bit of heat from a heat gun but ultimately found that it wasn't necessary. Pulled off a bunch of wheels today. From the Platinum, from the 1000 frame I'm breaking down (bit by bit with the help of PBBlast), from one of the grills we picked up the other day. Wanted old style wheels that were in good shape as a starting point.

Here's the Platinum up on a block with the old wheels off:

IMG_20220304_143749.jpgIMG_20220304_143758.jpg

Bucket just large enough for one wheel at a time:

IMG_20220304_143815.jpg

Here they are after soaking for about 30 minutes. Still a bit discolored.

IMG_20220304_143807.jpg

Wound up putting them back in for another half hour. The final result was great.

IMG_20220304_165433.jpg

Today, the new drip tray and grease catcher arrived.

IMG_20220304_164616.jpg

Here I'm holding it on its side. Look at how nicely the whole thing holds together. You experienced fellas have no doubt seen this before. For me, it was a nice surprise.

IMG_20220304_164620.jpg

Here's the new tray pushed in part way.

IMG_20220304_164637.jpg

And here's the grill with the new tray, new small locking wheels and the bleached old-fashioned large wheels.

IMG_20220304_165425.jpg

I have a cover for the tank, thanks as always to a suggestion made here. Just a bit of cleaning left to do and then the tank cover.

Samuel is sending me a set of complimentary burn tubes so I'll probably install them too.

Getting really close. Suggestions on how to clean a bit of rust off the stainless frame and on getting the side trays looking like new would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the material in the center sections of the flip up tables.

The grey outside should clean up with bleach and a scotch Brite pad, but I'd want to be mindful of scratching the center sections.

Roy,
The Burner tubes I think are for the grill with the Maroon Lid if those have the deep 13 bar flavorizer fire box.

I'm not familiar with the material in the center sections of the flip up tables.

The grey outside should clean up with bleach and a scotch Brite pad, but I'd want to be mindful of scratching the center sections.
Thanks Dan. The center section is fine. It's already cleaned up. So I'll try going around the edges with the Brite pad and bleach.

Back