Genesis Platinum C

Sorry I could not remember, but you did tell me that. My apologies.
Samuel: no apology necessary. If I had to apologize every time I forgot something that someone told me, it would take an hour out of every day. Anyway, I don't even remember or know who saw my mention of not needing acetone. I just posted somewhere in a thread a year ago probably. If I remember correctly that is. I apologize if you took that as a stab at you personally.

One important step I did forget to tell Roy was how to prep the parts before the dye process begins.

Roy, good idea. Just be careful not to spill any dye on the thermoset tables. Maybe cover them while doing the dye process.

I'm not sure, Samuel. It's the second generation with four burners, a smoker box and the infrared burner. One side burner.
The model number should be on the inside on a sticker along with the serial number but I only need the model number. Sometimes on the inside at the top of the cabinet

Sometimes underneath where the side burner was
Samuel, what are you trying to find out? The model number for the basic summit 400 that Roy has is 151001. I don't know what it is for the version with the side burner if that's what you're looking for.

Steve that is the model for the Summit 4 burner without the side burner. I was trying to find the part number for the sideburner to see if you could still purchase the trivet from Weber.

I found this that goes on the Weber Summit Silver C in black that has the same trivet and it has been discontinued according to ereplacementparts.com, It has the exact burner and trivet I need for my Frankengrill for it is like Roy's but in black with the stainless steel trivet which I prefer.

Reason for my search was really like this mod Roy did.
Summit SS Trivet.gif@Roy-Parallax  Blue Platinum pic 3.jpg

My Goal is to Black Out my Frankengrill like this one but with the stainless steel trivet.

Platinum Blue pic 1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that's what you were looking for. That is definitely an upgrade if you can figure out the part numbers. Edit: you did figure out the part #'s, now you just have to find the part. I'm sure it would have been discontinued, but at least now you can start searching for it.

OK, so I guess they do sell the trivet separately, but it does seem the part is no longer available. Like a lot of those kinds of parts, I think your best bet will be finding one off a donor grill. I think the 05 Genesis Platinum might use that style of trivet as well.
EDIT: After checking, it is basically the same style on the Genesis Platinum, but it is black.

OK, so I guess they do sell the trivet separately, but it does seem the part is no longer available. Like a lot of those kinds of parts, I think your best bet will be finding one off a donor grill. I think the 05 Genesis Platinum might use that style of trivet as well.
EDIT: After checking, it is basically the same style on the Genesis Platinum, but it is black.
But your right Bruce that Bruner does have the same Trivet and is available only it is the wrong burner I need*This part replaces obsolete part #: and 42306. Pretty expensive to get the trivet though.

Back