Genesis Platinum C

Rehabbing Grills and making Friends with a similar interest, that is what this forum is all about.
Steve and I were already friends. Once, he and I went to pick up a couple of old plasma TVs. The kind that once sold for -- well, in the case of those two, about $7k and $12k each. The guy wanted $60 for both. So I called Steve, whom I had already given a TV that once had been worth $10k but which I was done with, whether he wanted another. I could have sold it for maybe $100 or two but it was more fun to give it to someone who I knew would appreciate it. He really did so when these new ones were sitting there on Craigslist, I called to see if he wanted another. He said sure. So we drove together. He paid $30 for the lesser of the two and I paid for gas. I don't remember who sprang for the stop at MOD Pizza.

At this point, he doesn't have what I'd identify as Weberitis, but if he gets it it will have been through me.

Roy, wear the damn mask when you are around people. Haven't you learned anything from Dr. Faucci.
We'd better not get into politics, Bruce. I'll just say that I'm triple vaxed and we only get together indoors with others who are too. Outdoors, I don't worry too much.

Sounds like a plan.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Roy I was wondering if the 6 burner Summit's side burner is the exact dimension as the 2005 Platinum Side Burner. Did you say that a Summit Side Burner would fit on a 2005 Genesis Platinum without issue?

Roy I was wondering if the 6 burner Summit's side burner is the exact dimension as the 2005 Platinum Side Burner. Did you say that a Summit Side Burner would fit on a 2005 Genesis Platinum without issue?
The side burner itself is. The entire shelf is an inch wider but it's the same side burner insert.

Woke up this morning to this:

IMG_20220224_071447.jpg

Looked out the window to check on my friends Frankengrill, still under construction:

IMG_20220224_071611.jpg

Here it is close up and personal, thumbing its stainless nose at the snow:

IMG_20220224_082626.jpg

My grills sit under the covered part of the deck:

IMG_20220224_082642.jpgIMG_20220224_082648.jpg

Which is good, since only one is stainless. Here's all three:

IMG_20220224_082616.jpg

Plus a lonely white elephant in the snow:

IMG_20220224_082609.jpg

One more thing. The paint that Tom so generously sent me -- without my even asking and without responding to my request to reimburse for postage -- has arrived. Can't wait to prep and paint, though without an indoor space it may be a while. I'll check the can to research temperature requirements.

With this, I'm finally getting toward the end game. In addition to painting, I need a wooden handle and to finish washing and bleaching the discolored parts. Samuel sent me instructions for dying stuff black. I'm thinking I'd like to try that with the grey knobs and end caps. Has anyone tried dying grey parts black?

One more thing. The paint that Tom so generously sent me -- without my even asking and without responding to my request to reimburse for postage -- has arrived. Can't wait to prep and paint, though without an indoor space it may be a while. I'll check the can to research temperature requirements.

With this, I'm finally getting toward the end game. In addition to painting, I need a wooden handle and to finish washing and bleaching the discolored parts. Samuel sent me instructions for dying stuff black. I'm thinking I'd like to try that with the grey knobs and end caps. Has anyone tried dying grey parts black?

Roy, I am working on getting footage to put together a how to on doing the parts dying. I will let you know when I get it or find out I cannot.
I have dyed quite a few pieces and it works well.

Roy, I am working on getting footage to put together a how to on doing the parts dying. I will let you know when I get it or find out I cannot.
I have dyed quite a few pieces and it works well.
Have some of them been grey when you began the process?

Roy, Bruce was the one that showed me how to dye parts. However he does it a little different then I do. He can vouch for his process and durability of his results. I have just began to learn and I just showed you what works for me. I however I do not have enough experience to say how durable the way I do it is, but I would not have been able to learn without Bruce and others on this forum. Just want to give you heads up on how I came across my methods.

Samuel: I have mentioned already that I don't think Acetone is necessary and I do not intend to use it in the future. It certainly lowers the danger level significantly.

To watch the video below, click the "Watch on Youtube" link.

Samuel: I have mentioned already that I don't think Acetone is necessary and I do not intend to use it in the future. It certainly lowers the danger level significantly.

Sorry I could not remember, but you did tell me that. My apologies.

Back