Genesis Platinum C

Used steel wool on the frame of Platinum, to remove rust from the metal side panels. Used it with acetone. So far, I see no problem. Hope one doesn't develop.

Patience and penetrating fluid Roy. It took five days of applying it twice a day before the tiny screws in the manifold valves came loose on my 3000. I didn’t strip any and have to drill them out though.

Patience and penetrating fluid Roy. It took five days of applying it twice a day before the tiny screws in the manifold valves came loose on my 3000. I didn’t strip any and have to drill them out though.
Thanks Richard. I'll keep that lesson close at hand as I work through my grill inventory, as I expect to come up against this issue more than once.

Looks way better than mine. If I understood you to say you'd be willing to share them, I'd be grateful and happy to pay postage. If I misunderstood, no worries.
I can send it to you if you pay shipping. Do you have anything to trade off of one your extra grills.

Steve, the control panel posted above is for a Genesis Platinum 2005 model. The one in your link is for a Genesis Silver or Gold model. I do think they are technically interchangeable physically. But, they are a different color. The Genesis Silver and Gold uses the black one like in your link and the 2005 platinum uses gray one in the photo above.

Steve, the control panel posted above is for a Genesis Platinum 2005 model. The one in your link is for a Genesis Silver or Gold model. I do think they are technically interchangeable physically. But, they are a different color. The Genesis Silver and Gold uses the black one like in your link and the 2005 platinum uses gray one in the photo above.
Absolutely correct, I don't think I've come across new Grey ones and I don't know the part # offhand. If you needed or wanted a new one it would be better than nothing. I still really wish I could get new Genesis control panels!

Steve, I think we have some misunderstanding going on. That one you linked to is a GENESIS control panel. And it is available. That should fit any Genesis Silver or Gold B/C grill from 2000 to 2005. If you are talking about the older GENESIS 1000-5000 grills, then yep, those control panels are pretty tough to find new if not impossible. Same for the grease pans on those as well.

Steve, I think we have some misunderstanding going on. That one you linked to is a GENESIS control panel. And it is available. That should fit any Genesis Silver or Gold B/C grill from 2000 to 2005. If you are talking about the older GENESIS 1000-5000 grills, then yep, those control panels are pretty tough to find new if not impossible. Same for the grease pans on those as well.
No, no misunderstanding. I guess I just didn't phrase correctly.

Back