Genesis Platinum C

Oh looky . . . there's an impact driver among these deals. Only $5 off but it's better than zero.

Which do you think the better option?
Neither.

Do you have any other battery tools?

If not buy into a brand so you can share batteries.

Id go with a better brand

LOL, I think the impact mechanism would be hard to duplicate by hand. It more like a striking action. Anyway, hit it with some penatrating fluid a few times over a couple days and see if some light pressure with a ratchet will do it.

I have an extra set of drip rails I bought that I did not end up using. Your Welcome to them. You just need to verify if this is the right part number however they do say GEN/PL on them.

20220217_211307.jpg20220217_211313.jpg

I have an extra set of drip rails I bought that I did not end up using. Your Welcome to them. You just need to verify if this is the right part number however they do say GEN/PL on them.

View attachment 45656View attachment 45658
Very generous of you, Samuel, but I don't think it's the right part.

The parts list for the Platinum C shows:
88203 Bottom tray rails w/hardware for Genesis Silver B/C

Just found your part. It's from the 1000.
44A 97783 Bottom tray rails w/hardware

Neither.

Do you have any other battery tools?

If not buy into a brand so you can share batteries.

Id go with a better brand
Dan, what tool platform did you go with? I have a ton of ryobi stuff which I'm mostly happy with. Oh, and one Milwaukee PEX expansion tool.

Dan, what tool platform did you go with? I have a ton of ryobi stuff which I'm mostly happy with. Oh, and one Milwaukee PEX expansion tool.
Which time?

I have ryobi, makita and craftsman spanning countless years.

I've cut open battery packs to replace cells when I couldn't get replacements.

I like the current ryobi.

Which time?

I had some nice craftsman stuff that I ditched when the batteries died. At the time, you could only get craftsman replacements and they were very expensive. Now you can get all kinds of cheap aftermarket batteries for what I had. I never thought about fixing the batteries.

Do you notice a difference in power, or is it just longevity?
Just longevity. Power is same. I just like to know when my batteries are getting low and need to be recharged. Plus the 2 amp form factor is still small enough not to a take away from the portability of the tool.

Sorry Roy I apologize if I derailed your thread a little.

Which time?

I sold all my Dewalt and Makita stuff and went Ryobi. I even have an 18v shop vac and chain saw that used the old NiCad batteries and work fantastic with the newer Lithium ones. The reason I went Ryobi was the said they would never change the battery form factor and all future batteries would work with old tools. I got sick of other manufactures changing them all the time. Just don't buy their 40 volt lawn mower as it is a POS

Back