Genesis 1100 rehab

More pics and more details...

I restored the manifold completely. Valves taken off and completely disassembled , lubricated as per the HOW TO video. Shined up the valves, sanded, cleaned and repainted the manifold then reassembled .
Dyed the control knobs black using the Rit dye technique described in past posts.
New burner tubes.
By the way, this manifold is not original to the grill. I needed an NG manifold and was able to source one from one of the forum members.
Also by the way, this grill had no serial number sticker anywhere to be found, so I am uncertain as to the exact age.
IMG_1266.JPGIMG_1267.JPGIMG_1268.JPG

Last edited:
Took my Genesis apart a couple days ago to do my valves and give it a good deep clean and scrape. My valves must be pretty worn out. The clicks refuse to work anymore even though it's all cleaned out and properly lubed

Looks like a great rehab, really like it!

Do you guys all coat the inside of your frames with that Eastwood stuff when flipping? seems expense.

I've not sold a grill yet to anyone with the tube style frame, but I hadn't considered it other than spraying a heavy dose of Rustoleum rust converter down there...

Looks like a great rehab, really like it!

Do you guys all coat the inside of your frames with that Eastwood stuff when flipping? seems expense.

I've not sold a grill yet to anyone with the tube style frame, but I hadn't considered it other than spraying a heavy dose of Rustoleum rust converter down there...
I wouldn't waste the time or money for a flipper grill.

Rich,
Most of the rust on Weber Frames happen where the frame/legs meet the ground. I have use both Fluid Film as well as CRC 0626 Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor with good results on the vertical supports.

Jeff

The last thing for me was the wood tables and shelves. The original wood was in decent shape, it was painted grey and I thought that if I were going to go to the trouble of restoring it, I might as well get some new wood. I bought some Spanish cedar, cut it to the correct size, sanded it and then stained it with an oil based outdoor stain, not a fan pf the polyurethane that I see getting used on other rehabs.
Bought some of Dave Santana's SS grates and flavorer bars.
The only thing that I am not happy with is the Weber fade on the top of the lid. It is pretty noticeable to me and was fully disclosed to the future owner, he said that he didn't care. Oh well....on to my next project!
IMG_1270.JPGIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1278.JPGIMG_1277.JPG

I picked up a Genesis 1000 recently and it had a couple loose parts included. Can someone tell me where this part goes? Showing both sides of it.

Attachments

• E4C32845-D751-4DEE-877B-9C11CC512089.jpeg
    E4C32845-D751-4DEE-877B-9C11CC512089.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 655BDE19-A57E-4BF1-89A3-251F41EDEF53.jpeg
    655BDE19-A57E-4BF1-89A3-251F41EDEF53.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 6
I picked up a Genesis 1000 recently and it had a couple loose parts included. Can someone tell me where this part goes? Showing both sides of it.

It's a "modesty panel". It covers the valves and burner tubes. It's held on by a couple of plastic trim "buttons".

1603056143912.png

It is a panel the goes under the right control panel and hide the manifold from the front

Great work and a stunning result! As far as wood, polyurethane is definitely not a good choice, but high grade spar urethane is a viable option, especially in climates where your wood is likely to be exposed to rain and UV.

Jon, do you know how resistant the spar is to hot items that might be laid on it?

That I do not know. Probably not going to resist really high heat. That's a reason most modern grills have stainless shelves, even if many are cheap, junk stainless.

Back