Gabby Grill for the 14

Case, you are proving my theory about grilling, once you start getting a couple of accessories, the constant search for one more begins! The last one I added was a deck!
I refer to it as “gizmosis”, it is often associated with fly fishermen and photographers!

Go for it. Spending money and getting gear is fun!!

Of course the stock WSM itself gives you two vertical adjusted cooking positions. Three if you put the cook grate down on the charcoal ring. Like below. The kettle (not so much the WSM) is the cooker that really lacks any vertical adjustment feature.

Case, you are proving my theory about grilling, once you start getting a couple of accessories, the constant search for one more begins! The last one I added was a deck!
I refer to it as “gizmosis”, it is often associated with fly fishermen and photographers!

How true, I essentially double my weight when I go fly fishing with all the necessary gizmos I have to have with me.

Yeah I move been afflicted with gizmosis for nearly 50’years, lol!

Go for it. Spending money and getting gear is fun!!

Of course the stock WSM itself gives you two vertical adjusted cooking positions. Three if you put the cook grate down on the charcoal ring. Like below. The kettle (not so much the WSM) is the cooker that really lacks any vertical adjustment feature.

Yep use the WSM many times like that when camping.
The Smokey joe would probably be used more with the gabby.

How true, I essentially double my weight when I go fly fishing with all the necessary gizmos I have to have with me.
Back when I had time to fly fish one of my favorite spots you had to hike down into a canyon 500’ elevation change. It was a few blocks from my house. I started stashing some of my gear so I didn’t have to park. It all the time.

Doesn't Cliff have one of these? ...and before you ask, no, I didn't give him the idea to buy that one! :)

Those old crank style grills alway make me think of my dad. The local park and the place we used to go in the summer had them and he was a master at manipulating them for the perfect grilling set-up. I always think of that when Cliff post pics of his in use.

So, for my ability to keep tripping down memory lane, Case, you definitely need one! ;)

R

Given the way you dine when camping, one for the Smokey Joe seems like a reasonable investment!.
These days all my fly tackle and camera stuff are resting unused for several years. If I win this weeks lottery, I will get a new Suburban and haul that tackle out!

I have contemplated buying the 14" but keep buying other things because I already have the 26" Gabby. I went with that one because we have 4 immediate family households that live adjacent to us, so sometimes our cooks are on the larger size. But it would be convenient to have a 14" when I'm just cooking for me and the wife.

It is fun to cook with that attachment!

I have contemplated buying the 14" but keep buying other things because I already have the 26" Gabby. I went with that one because we have 4 immediate family households that live adjacent to us, so sometimes our cooks are on the larger size. But it would be convenient to have a 14" when I'm just cooking for me and the wife.

It is fun to cook with that attachment!
Since downsizing my game all I have is the 14 WSM and the Smokey Joe any more for charcoal rigs. So it makes my decision easier!

As my financial advisor Rich G. mentioned, I do have one of these that I use on my 22" kettles, mainly the Performer. I love it and probably use it at least once a week. It is very convenient for recipes that call to bring item to a boil for a minute or two and then reduce heat to a simmer. This can be accomplished almost immediately with a crank or two on the handle. I used to raise and lower my grates with one or two fire bricks on each side and it was a pain. I think you'll enjoy it Case.

I have to admit I’m a sucker for toys/gadgets etc. & while I am still patiently working on my outdoor kitchen/patio area, I purchased the 22” Gabby Santa Maria well over a year ago & I’ve yet to use it!

On another note, Junior Castro puts out a quality product, check out his YouTube videos.

Back