Found this down the street, so I wheeled it home

Michael

TVWBB Fan
A few months ago I picked up a Spirit Special Edition for $30,( https://tvwbb.com/threads/weber-spirit-special-edition-4420201.85592/post-954857 ) and just found this yesterday (free sign) on my street. Wheeled it home and the outside, cabinet, tubes, and firebox look good. All the other internal stuff, grates, bars, and deflectors are done.
Fires up fine, except the knobs don’t lock. Searching show I might be able to grease them on the manifold.
Anyway, another project to play with.
I would really like to clean the inside really good so that is my next step.

The genesis does feel a bit heavier, especially the lid.

Attachments

• 2C5C6C98-DD2D-4BF4-AC89-4706161079AA.jpeg
    2C5C6C98-DD2D-4BF4-AC89-4706161079AA.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 34
Well if you pushed it half a mile and the wheels are still on it, I’d say you scored. 😀
They are scuffed up a bit, but still moves. Looks really good just after wiping it down. I will probably get all new stainless internals shortly.

Wow, the things people put to the curb!
Good for you man. That is going to make you a hellava nice gasser. (y)

They are scuffed up a bit, but still moves. Looks really good just after wiping it down. I will probably get all new stainless internals shortly.
Before replacing the stainless internals ($$$$$) get it going and do a high burn, see if it needs the cash infusion.

New stainless just gets dirty, and it looks dirtier quicker.

Before replacing the stainless internals ($$$$$) get it going and do a high burn, see if it needs the cash infusion.

New stainless just gets dirty, and it looks dirtier quicker.
This is the grates. Already trashed the bars. All 5 had holes.
I did run a high burn for about 10 minutes. Should I be looking for something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Haven’t cleaned the Inside or cabinet yet. Tank was mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 28
Nice E 310.

Pull the bottom grease pan and check for rust, and attend to it if necessary. I recently learned the bottom greasr pans are no longer available.

Edited to clarify the bottom grease pan or tray.

Last edited:
This is the grates. Already trashed the bars. All 5 had holes.
I did run a high burn for about 10 minutes. Should I be looking for something?
If you are going to flip, I would try to rescue the grates with wire wheel, then oil them up and sell.

Floor looks great and the bottom grease pan is excellent. Seem like it might have been replaced at some point, much cleaner than everything else.
I did have to buy one of those for the Spirit SE I picked up, think it was like $80. Crazy.

I don’t plan on flipping, plan on keeping it. Not sure the grates are salvageable. They are really bad, pretty thin in places. Since I plan on keeping it, I will just buy new ones.

Any advantages between this one and the Spirit SE I have? Both are three burners, different directions though.

Back