Found this down the street, so I wheeled it home

Any advantages between this one and the Spirit SE I have? Both are three burners, different directions though.

Not sure on the spirit SE, but I think it is 32000 BTU, and the E310 is 38000.

East West vs North South burners, what Joe said.

Here's an old review of the 310

I'd keep both :)

Not sure on the spirit SE, but I think it is 32000 BTU, and the E310 is 38000.

East West vs North South burners, what Joe said.

Here's an old review of the 310

I'd keep both :)
Thanks. I was excited about the review, but looks like it just lists out the details. I was looking for the “Made in USA” mark/note on the grill but I couldn’t find it. Lots of Spanish (and English) but it would be a bonus if this was made in USA.

lol, yeah, I want to and plan on keeping both. I was supposed to get rid of my non Weber grill when I found the Spirit, but that’s still with me. Ha
Looks like the Spirit SE is at 36,000 an this Genesis is at 38,000, so a little more, but is probably pretty equal based on the cooking size.

Last edited:
I did find this on the grill, but only in Spanish. Used a translation to English to understand all the words. Seems strange I can only find it in Spanish.

hecho en Estados unidos de america con partes y componentes incorporadas a nivel global

I put one together for my late sister when it was brand new. Her husband was out of town on business and she asked me to set it up. The term "Made in USA" is a VERY loose translation LOL. Every box (component) I unpacked, and installed said Hecho en Chine. Basically Made in USA should have read "Packaged in USA" because that is all they did

Anyone have thought on Weber OEM Stainless grates, vs QuliMetal? Weber is 7mm and might be 430ss. QuliMetal has a 9mm version and should be 304ss. If I can get them for the same price, is it better to stick with Weber or is QuliMetal a true “upgrade”?

Anyone have thought on Weber OEM Stainless grates, vs QuliMetal? Weber is 7mm and might be 430ss. QuliMetal has a 9mm version and should be 304ss. If I can get them for the same price, is it better to stick with Weber or is QuliMetal a true “upgrade”?
There has been a lot of "great grate threads" lately. The consensus is that Quilmetal are quite good. I personally would go with them.

how do these compare to David aka rcplanebuyer's ss grates? ( planning for the eventual demise of my cast iron grates )

edit: I thought his were 3/8 which would be 9.5mm ?

Can't say about the Quilmetal, but the OEM stainless grates that came with my Genesis II LX 340 are quite heavy. They will most likely outlast the grill. I think I would let price be my guide.

Either Quilmetal or weber 7mm are good. RCP grates are significantly better than the other 2.

Either Quilmetal or weber 7mm are good. RCP grates are significantly better than the other 2.
Yeah, RCP grates are a lot higher too. The 9mm QM grates are enticing at around $100. Or I can pickup their 7mm ones for about half that price.
I was able to find Weber grates, 7mm for about that same price, $100 or so.

You are about to start a holy war;-) But, it basically boils down to front (N/S) gives you a right side shelf, and maybe better zoning. E/W better rotisserie.
I don't think it starts a war I have a C do no rotis if you do E/W the rotis is better. I prefer N/S the C is the first E/W grill I ever had the N/S was better for zoning if that is what your after. I won't get rid of my C it works fine and there are only 2 of us but if it melted on the deck I would have no issues going back to N/S providing you could find one in good shape and I know a fair amount of people who take care of their Weber's that have no rusting issues on the bottom including my next door neighbor.

This is the grates. Already trashed the bars. All 5 had holes.
I did run a high burn for about 10 minutes. Should I be looking for something?
If the grates are solid, and just CI (not porcelain coated) just wire brush them real good, coat with cooking oil and do another quick high heat burn. Cast iron is cast iron. Once it's sanitized, and the rust scraped off it's good to go.

Michael: Do you have a link to the grates you ordered? I did not know they made 9mm grates.

That is interesting. I wonder why they don't make them for the earlier Silver B's and 1000s?
$105 seems like a pretty good price with free shipping. I am still glad that I sprung for my RCP grates though.

That is interesting. I wonder why they don't make them for the earlier Silver B's and 1000s?
$105 seems like a pretty good price with free shipping. I am still glad that I sprung for my RCP grates though.
Yeah. Not bad. There was a 10% off coupon the other day, I was a tot use that too.

Back