For those deep dish pizza lovers

Do you make that dough yourself? If so would you mind disclosing the recipe? Would love to give that a go? Also if I don't have a pizza stone what else could I use to cook on my weber 22 OTG?

Looks delicious!

Do you make that dough yourself? If so would you mind disclosing the recipe? Would love to give that a go? Also if I don't have a pizza stone what else could I use to cook on my weber 22 OTG?

Looks delicious!

Yes this is home made dough. When lazy or last minute, we just buy a dough ball from the store. This is just a standard pizza dough recipie that I use with all my other pizza cooks. The only difference with the deep dish, I have a lot of olive oil in the skillet before setting the dough i. Basically the dough is floating on top of the olive oil. Make sure you use low moisture cheese and that your sauce doesn't have a lot of water. The last thing you want is a soggy deep dish. Hope that helps. If you don't know already, I cook a lot of pies on the grill.:cool:

Nate, great looking pie! Barb and I do the same thing once in a while for a change from the thin crusts.

Wow, Nate, that looks incredibly delicious. Italian sausage is absolutely the best topping for deep dish. *drooling*

Cliffs on the cooking process? I'd specifically like to know the approximate time and temperature, how you built your fire, etc. That looks so darn good, and I'd love to give it a go.

Back