For people whom bought their WSM used.. How much did you pay?

Khanh Hoang

TVWBB Fan
I scored an minty 18.5" WSM for $100 though I've seen and wasn't quick enough to get one for $50 :p
How much did you pay for yours?

When I bought my new 22.5", I gave my buddy a deal for my 18.5". $100 friend price. I could have sold it for $150.

$250 for my 22.5", but my buddy had already put in an extra top vent, middle grate supports, Cajun Bandit door, charcoal grate and middle section handles, and probably something else I forgot. Oh yeah, he also threw in a CB door for my 18.5" wsm, a couple extra grates, an extra 18.5" wsm charcoal ring, and one or both size clay pot bases.....so it was a heck of a deal. :)

Last edited:
Bought my 18.5" in '09 on CL , seller was asking $100, I offered $125 if held for me, which she did, and said she had a bunch of contacts from people wanting it.
Found an 18.5 for grandson, think I payed $75 for it.

Well at least we know how much our WSM is worth.. I think the price is effected by the season as well but truly there should be no season for BBQ as you can BBQ year round

I paid $325 for a used 22.5" wsm. Supply and demand is an issue up here in canada. My BBQ partner got his 18.5 for $150.
Mine came with a few more things, but my buddy's price was right!

I was going to get a year old one used "less than 10 times" for $200 until a buddy heard the guy was selling it and he sold it to him. Can't blame him.

Wow, I'm surprised how low these are selling for. I'd pay more than that, if I didn't already have one.

I bought an 18.5" for $175. It was two years old but still in the box and never opened. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I've bought a lot of used WSMs.
I keep most, sell some.
I've paid $10.00 on the low end up to $160 on the high. There have been $20, $50, $60, $80, $100 scores and more in between.

My score was a pair of 18's plus a stoker (non-wifi) and two fans, two probes for $300. I consider it my official craigslist steal. Sold one of them with my Auber for $225.

Back